It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

elsar2019 HB User
why do i get interstitial cystitis or urinary tract infections everytime I have sex?

why do i get interstitial cystitis or urinary tract infections everytime I have sex?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: why do i get interstitial cystitis or urinary tract infections everytime I have s

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsar2019 View Post
Actually, Interstitial Cystitis is a disease which is described as having inflammation of the interstitial lining of the bladder(there is treatment but no cure). This is usually diagnosed by having a cystoscopy with hydrodistention or by pst test(potassium sensitivity test).

Usually people get UTI's because bacteria goes into the urinary tract to cause infection. For those with frequent urinary tract infections it is suggested that you urinate immediately after intercourse or if the doc suggests an antibiotic can be taken after intercourse to prevent infection.

Best wishes,
Aleet7

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

miserablewUTI HB User
Question Re: why do i get interstitial cystitis or urinary tract infections everytime I have s

Regarding the frequent UTI's after sex,
I also get a UTI (bladder infection) almost every time i have sex. My doctor told me to urinate before and after sex and clean with sanitary towels after sex but i still get UTI's. She also said that my sexual partner should wash his hands and genitals with antibacterial soap to help prevent the spreading of bacteria. Also, try to refrain from anal sex because that is good way to spread e. coli and other bacteria which can get into your urethra and cause infections. I have also taken probiotics (the natural "good" bacteria that needs to be in your system to help fight off bad bacteria) and prophylactics (antibiotics taken after sex to help prevent UTI's) to try and reduce the occurrence of my UTI's but nothing has worked so far. I am still searching for an answer to why i get UTI's even after taking all of the precautions and following all the steps my doctor told me to follow. I have an appointment with a urologist to do more tests to find an answer. I suggest that if you have taken all the precautions and followed all the necessary steps to preventing UTI's with no sucess, then to make an appointment with a urologist to get further testing done. I empathize with your predicament and i wish you the best of luck. (I am actually suffering from a severe UTI right at this moment, so i feel your pain...literally!). As far as the interstitial cystitis goes, that can only be diagnosed by a doctor or urologist after multiple tests are done. Also, from the information that i have read on interstitial cystitis, people suffering from this have the symptoms of UTI's but when a culture is taken of the urine, there is no bacteria found and the culture is clean. So, if you are still having the symptoms and your urine culture is clean, then you can possibly suspect interstitial cystitis. But know that only a doctor can diagnose this condition and you should not assume that you have it without tests done to determine whether you have it or not.Keep your chin up and know that there is hope for us and i hope that you can find a diagnosis and not have to deal with these horribly painful infections anymore.

~miserablewUTI

Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
(female)

alexis1234 HB User
Re: why do i get interstitial cystitis or urinary tract infections everytime I have s

Maybe you keep passing back and forth and infection. Test for things like yeast, bacteria, and stds like trich or ureaplasma.

Alexis

Quote:

Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
(female)

Ksusha77 HB User

I know it was a while ago when this was posted but I would love to hear from those of you who had and/or still have recurrent UTIs. I've been trying to search for answers, and also have my appointment with a urologist soon. But I'm not sure if I will ever be able to find an answer to the question such as why I am having these nasty bladder infections that most of the time result from intercourse, as I have tried nearly everything I have heard or read on preventing UTI to no avail.
I'm sorry some of us have ever had to deal with these awful infections.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

luvspugs HB User

Quote:
Have you been diagnosed with IC? I only ask this because it is very difficult to diagnose and mimics many other illnesses. I was diagnosed 4 days ago after having symptoms on and off for 5 years. I had a cystoscopy done under general anaesthetic in hospital on Monday as well as hydrodistension. There was no doubt about it after seeing my bladder! I have started a little blog about my journey if you are interested. I was put on Elmiron immediately after my surgery, so I have been on it for 3 days now.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-15-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Closed Thread