It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

swimgirl56 HB User
Interstitial Cystitis

I have been having trouble with my IC lately. My bladder just feels sore and even my vaginal area hurts sometimes too. I'd like to hear from anyone who has IC and what they do for it. My doctor just gave me a new prescription for Prosedl

Old 11-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

lucysfriend HB User
Re: Interstitial Cystitis

I've been diagnosed with IC for 1 1/2 years. My daily meds include Elmiron, Atarax and Urelle (fantastic in a flare). They seem to really help me. I'm also on a special diet. I also go in for Emergency treatments where they put my meds directly in my bladder. I had to go in for a series of these treatments b/c I made the mistake of taking cold medicine. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

swimgirl56 HB User

Does your bladder ever just hurt down low right above your vaginal area and then your whole vaginal area hurts too? What do you do for that? Also, what kind of special diet are you on? Please let me know.
Thanks

Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

lucysfriend HB User

The diet is a hard and complicated, but it helped me. I was on it very strictly for 9 months then have slowly added things back. I didn't really think it worked till I started added things back. Diet made a huge difference for me. The pain u are describing happens with me most often after sex or during PMS. My Dr swears it is part of IC but I don't know if I agree. You may want to talk to your OBGYN about other conditions it could be.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-02-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 01-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

Ksusha77 HB User

HI!
I have a question and would be very grateful if you could answer me. From what I've read an interstitial cycitis seem to cause some vaginal dryness. I also have IC,and I started developing discomfort,irritation and itching in my vaginal area,seems like a yeast infection but I'm wondering if the interstitial cystitis is the cause..
Thanks

Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
(female)

lucysfriend HB User

I've never had that issue. You should go see yuor urologist or obgyn to get a proper diagnoses. I know there are ways to get the moisture levels back up

Closed Thread