It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Sanctura XR and Interstitial Cystitis

Any idea how long it takes for this medication to show results? one month or two? I'd be interested in hearing evaluations of this drug.

Last edited by Larimergirl; 01-07-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: Sanctura XR and Interstitial Cystitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimergirl View Post
Any idea how long it takes for this medication to show results? one month or two? I'd be interested in hearing evaluations of this drug.
I don't believe that this drug is intended for long term use but it worked very quickly on me. It is an antispasmatic drug which calms the bladder down and alleviates the constant urge to urinate.
I was diagnosed with IC in May of '08 and have used it during flares to calm my bladder down and it worked pretty good for me probably the first to second day of use.

Best Wishes,
Aleet7

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

Cathdawg HB User

Could you tell me a little bit more about Sanctura XR. I also have IC, and was wondering about this medication. Thank you.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User

Hi. I don't know much yet since I've been taking it less than a week--5 days now. But, I was told it helped with frequent urination and frequent urges to urinate. My doctor said it helps to relax the muscles of the bladder.

So far I feel a little better--not 100 percent yet, but not too bad. I'm happy to have some relief, because I was going mad.

Dr. also prescribed elavil (amitriptyline) which I'm hesitating to take due to weight gain. I go to weight watchers and exercise and I need to lose weight not gain it.

Do you have any experience with elavil?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
(female)

Cathdawg HB User

I was on amitriptyline for awhile and I didn't gain any weight on it. However it does work differently for everyone. Unfortunately about every medication I've been on has the gaining weight side effect (yuck!) I had ok results on amitrityline. I was on it for about a year and switched to nortriptyline, because I thought it was time for a change in meds because it had been over a year. So...it worked for awhile. But with being on so many different medications at the same time, it's hard to tell exactly what was working. But remember the 50% chance that anything will work. Our odds aren't good at all! We need to change that!

Last edited by Cathdawg; 01-11-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: needed to add more information

Closed Thread