It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
(female)

CTmom HB User
Interstitial cystitis?

Help!

I have had low central abdominal pain (right above the pubic bone) on and off for almost a week. I have also had pretty severe low back pain (in the center and on the left). My Dr. sent me for a CT scan and it showed no kidney stones and no ovarian cysts (I have a history of both). I had similar symptoms about five years ago, was sent to a urologist, tentatively diagnosed with IC and scheduled for a cystoscopy. The day before the procedure I literally passed out from a bleeding ruptured ovarian cyst, had emergency surgery and the symptoms never recurred until now.

The pain is severe at it's worst (very reminiscent of a kidney stone) but with my negative tests my Dr. is now looking at the IC diagnosis again. My urine workup was fine. I have no urgency or frequency. I am drinking tons and straining my urine for stones just in case and notice that while my urine is often light and clear (like it was when I had it tested) when I have more pain it becomes dark yellow with stuff (mucous?) in it.

Does any of this sound familiar to IC sufferers? The change in urine color? The back pain? Just desperately trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks for your help!

Old 07-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Interstitial cystitis?

Hi CTmom,

Have your doctors considered a kidney or bladder infection ? This would cause the cloudy urine and the back / abdominal pain. Have they done a white blood cell count to check for this ? Also, do you have any fever ?

Since your symptoms five years ago were due to the bleeding cyst, the interstitial cystitis diagnosis needs to be revised in order to include your most recent symptoms.

Perhaps you should consider seeing another urologist. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best,

Estria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread