It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

duan65 HB User
chronic interstitial cystitis symptoms?

does anyone else suffer from chronic frequency of urination due to interstitial cystitis?if so,how do you treat it?what medication do you take to get relief?

have you ever been told that you have micro blood in your urine and no bacteria?

duana

Old 09-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
(female)

helenm55 HB User
Re: chronic interstitial cystitis symptoms?

Hi,
I have had Interstitial Cystitis for about 5 years now but only diagosed properly just over a year ago. I take Vesicore two at night, I also take an Antihystamine because of the mast cells that your bladder produces because the lining of the bladder is damaged, my surgeon put me on a special diet that eliminates all acid foods most fruit and all salad dressings or any thing with vinegar also most processed foods and all diary. I have been on this diet for a year now and it does relieve the symtoms but is very difficult to stick to.
He says I will need to be on the diet for the rest of my life and I have noticed that if I introduce things back into my diet I do get bad symptoms again, IC takes over your life constantly needing to go to the toilet and a desperate need at that but it doesn't go away so you have to learn how to manage your symptoms and the diet does this, if you google IC you will come up with a few web sites that will tell you about the diet it is well worth trying within a fortnight my symptoms had calmed down a lot.
Good luck with this
Love helen
x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread