It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User
Could this be interstitial cystitis? Its been 6 years!

Hi Guys,

Im gonna cut straight to the chase.

I have been getting UTI like symptoms for many many yrs now, and my urine comes back clear, sometimes with a little blood. They put me on antibiotics and the same thing happens over and over. I may be well for a month, and then in pain for the other.

Saw a urologist who did a Cystoscopy which came back clear. Did ultrasounds, did urine cultures... all clear however i never went back to see him.

Now i am 18 weeks pregnant and cant leave the house! Pelvic pain is worse than ever. Urinating is frequent WITH PAIN. I cant walk, sit or lie down sometimes and urine sample all came back clear.

I hear the IC is worse in pregnant women. I have made an appt to see him for next month, but is there anything they can do for me now that i am pregnant?

Please help.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Re: Could this be interstitial cystitis? Its been 6 years!

Hi. I'm sorry for your pain and frustration. A friend of mine has Interstitial Cystitis and her sympoms are pain in her bladder and frequent urination. She isn't pregnant, so I don't know how that would affect her. If you could find a Dr. who specializes in bladder disease, you'd be doing yourself a favor, b/c some Urologist's don't know much about it or how to treat. There's a med. called Elmiron that is used on some women and/or a low dose of anti-depressant for pain relief. You can also avoid certain foods to see if that helps. I hope the Dr. you're seeing will be helpful. Good luck. Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread