It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

sarahmarieb HB User
Need help hiding my IC ( Interstitial Cystitis) Belly

Hi everyone I'm a 23 yr old female with Interstitial Cystitis and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on hiding the IC belly!

I have a pretty small frame, i'm about 5"3 and 120lbs but my stomach is always huge round and hard, (IC belly) and can get worse during flare ups, so it is very noticable and I do look very pregnant alot of the time ((also note that i am absolutely not in any possible way pregnant)).

It sucks because I can't wear anything form fitting or fitted and i have a very very hard time finding clothes!

I know pregnant woman wear belly bands, has anyone tried this? Do you know if it would be more harmfull to my belly or would it help it out?? Ugh this is frustrating!! hopefully someone knows what i mean!!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Need help hiding my IC ( Interstitial Cystitis) Belly

When I suffered bouts of IC, I would go commando with a loose skirt to cover up the junk. Not sure if that helps you or not.

kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: Need help hiding my IC ( Interstitial Cystitis) Belly

I too have the IC belly! I used to wear shapers but I can't take any thing that is pulling or binding on my belly anymore. Lately I've been wearing leggings with loose sweater dresses with short boots. This hides the IC belly and doesn't look like a maternity outfit. You can wear skinny jeans with a full top or wear a jacket...layers are really nice to hide an IC belly.

Good Luck!
Aleet7

Closed Thread