It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

wilon HB User
UTI or interstitial cystitis

I've have been suffering with this the urologist may call it interstitial cystitis, I call it urinary tract infections. I have been dealing with this for over 10 years now. This has been the most miserable feeling ever. I've taken every antibiotic there is to take, Floxin, Bactrium, Cipro and now Macrobid. All of these meds work to clear up the infection but it comes back within a week or two especially after sex. My urologist told me that interstitial cystitis isnt suppose to show no bacteria in the urine, well however I have bacteria in my urine everytime I take a urine test. Ive had a cat scan and ultra sound and in which nothing shows up. I've even had a partial hysterectomy done because my gynecologist and urologist thought that my cycle may have been causing stress on the bladder. Well as you see nothing has changed. I even had the urologist do the dillation thing which was very uncomfortable and also she did a cystoscopy and didnt find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Last edited by wilon; 07-17-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: UTI or interstitial cystitis

Unfortunately...IC patients are prone to UTI's! Sometimes I have them and sometimes I'm just in a flare. I am also prone to UTI's following sex. I no longer get them because I have to do the same ritual everytime to avoid them. First you and your spouse or partner need to be clean before intercourse. You should also empty your bladder before. You need to urinate as soon as your finish to wash out any bacteria from intercourse and wash afterwards. This is the only way I avoid constant UTI's. Also I was told that a low dose antibiotic may be used after intercourse to avoid uti's.

I hope this helps!
Aleet7

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread