It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

cheerfull4u HB User
Question Pain and nausea? Running?

I had not experienced pain from IC when I was diagnosed back in November. I'd been suffering since March. I was also, not exercising.

I've since gotten back to the gym and used to be an avid runner, so I've been hitting the treadmill. No matter what, I have pain now. The pain isn't disrupting and luckily for me feels like menstrual cramping. Nothing a woman can't handle!

However, I think it is causing me to have severe nausea. I'm still eating, but sometimes just can't keep it down. I haven't tried the diet change and was just going to suck it up and deal with my symptoms as I was really only dealing with leaking and frequency.

I'm not one to complain, but I am truly curious if anyone else experiences nausea with their pain? I feel nauseated more than I feel pain. I know that it's from running, but if I can find a way to lessen the nausea, I'm going for a marathon! I've always wanted to do it and I'm a determined person.

Any suggestions? I also haven't tried anything but OTC pain relievers and can only take Tylenol because I have to take naproxen for nerve pain in my legs. (Which also is worsened by running, but again, nothing I can't handle most days!)

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
(female)

Miller919 HB User
Re: Pain and nausea? Running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfull4u View Post
I had not experienced pain from IC when I was diagnosed back in November. I'd been suffering since March. I was also, not exercising.

I've since gotten back to the gym and used to be an avid runner, so I've been hitting the treadmill. No matter what, I have pain now. The pain isn't disrupting and luckily for me feels like menstrual cramping. Nothing a woman can't handle!

However, I think it is causing me to have severe nausea. I'm still eating, but sometimes just can't keep it down. I haven't tried the diet change and was just going to suck it up and deal with my symptoms as I was really only dealing with leaking and frequency.

I'm not one to complain, but I am truly curious if anyone else experiences nausea with their pain? I feel nauseated more than I feel pain. I know that it's from running, but if I can find a way to lessen the nausea, I'm going for a marathon! I've always wanted to do it and I'm a determined person.

Any suggestions? I also haven't tried anything but OTC pain relievers and can only take Tylenol because I have to take naproxen for nerve pain in my legs. (Which also is worsened by running, but again, nothing I can't handle most days!)

Thanks in advance!
I am new to the forum I have a very severe case on IC, according to my doctors the worse any of them have seen. I have had problems with nausea for years, have also probably had IC for years and it was missed all this time and just diagnosed a few months ago. I have progressively gotten worse even though I am doing the meds, diet & therapy the doctors have assigned me. The last week my pain has continued to worsen, I have been extremely dizzy and like you have horrible nausea. I don't know if it's related, my stomach and so bloated I look like I'm 5 months preggers (I'm not!) I don't see my doctor till next week so if I am feel this bad tomorrow morning I will go to the ER. Hubby is military that's just the way it works I can't just call the doctor and talk to them they tell me to go to the ER.

You're very lucky to not experience intense pain all the time and be able to workout and live a fairly normal life, though I am unable to do those things you sound like me where you suck it up and continue on with you life I have had to let go of a lot of that when the doctor looked me in the eyes and said "you're very sick you need to let yourself admit it" that being said I wouldn't dismiss yourself being nauseous and would definitely call your doctor. It could be nothing and not related, but it could be something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread