It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

laura86846 HB User
Interstitial Cystitis success... FINALLY!

Hey ladies, I developed "IC" after a miscarriage last year. A doc put me on various types of antibiotics (which always made my bladder feel better) for ureaplasma and possible Lyme disease; I have not had a positive urine culture since the onset of my "IC". because of the antibiotics I got yeast infections a lot. frustrated, I began douching with peroxide and - SURPRISE!!! My constant bladder symptoms (urgency, frequency, burning, pressure) and pain during intercourse were nearly erased!! So I ordered a vaginal test to figure out why. It showed that I don't have BV at all and very little yeast, but a serious overgrowth of group B strep (4+ on a scale of 0-4+!!) an antibiotic and herbal sensitivity test was done, showing all antibiotics to work, and also oregano and colloidal silver. I'm currently trying oregano mixed with coconut oil (so i can mold it into a suppository and it wont sting). my doc says the herbals are better for vaginal problems because antibiotics kill off the lactobacillus/bifidobacterium, allowing infectious bacteria to return stronger. Whats interesting is I tested negative for group B strep while pregnant with my son 3 years ago. Also, i noticed while using the antibiotics, kefir or any other cultured milk was the only product that seemed to truly have live and active bacteria. If I drank this, my stomach was fine. but with probiotic capsules, regular yogurt, my stomach was NOT happy! I hope this helps someone!! I'll keep you guys updated!

Also, someone on another thread ("Can a UTI cause interstitial cystitis?") that is now closed for some reason mentioned an overgrowth of lactobacillus causing vaginitis, thanks for the info! The doctor said she did find "a lot" of lactobacillus... I will mention it to her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

lujimar HB User
Re: Interstitial Cystitis success... FINALLY!

Hello Laura,

I hope you can receive this msg. I'm exactly in the same shoes as you and Kristy. I've been in this nightmare since June 2011 with a new partner and cystitis turned into UTI etc etc. Same old story. No signs of infection except the first one I had in Augusut 2011 (please read my story in my profile). But since I had just finished using Tavanic, I didnt believe this test and didnt accept to have antibiotics SHOTS done recommended by my doctor. A month ago i was still suffering and another test, (urine culture) no infection except strep b. They thought this cant exist in urine (it does actually and it's considered as the reason for urethral syndrome) and this must be a contamination from vagina. Vaginal culture came negative. Since then i dont remember how many doctors and tests i've been through. One doctor recomended urethral swab and it was positive for ureaplasma. Got antibiotics, no luck, got tested recently and negative for ureaplasma but still suffering. Vaginal culture shows lactobolisis.(?)... and when i used this medicine called donaxyl (vaginal tablets) i was almost %100 cured. But when i stoped and had sexual intercourse, back to nightmare. How are you so far? are u cured? Thanks..

Closed Thread