It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

ashcan HB User
This is stressful, could I have IC?

About a year ago now I went to the doctors complaining about the constant urge to urinate. I mean a 24/7 pressure. I was tested for UTI-Negative.
I have since had scans, swabs and have also been to a continence nurse to teach me training methods. none of them have helped. I do not drink caffine or eat chocolate yet I still feel like i need to go to the toilet. its not even really an urgent thing it just doesnt go. It constantly feels like my bladder is full.

driving is a nightmare, I have to stop all the time to go although i dont really need too.

might I have IC?

also I am going to book another doctor appointment and request to see a urologist, can I do that?

does anybody else have this symptom? its a nightmare I honestly feel that its destroyed my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
(female)

Orana45 HB User
Re: This is stressful, could I have IC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcan View Post
About a year ago now I went to the doctors complaining about the constant urge to urinate. I mean a 24/7 pressure. I was tested for UTI-Negative.
I have since had scans, swabs and have also been to a continence nurse to teach me training methods. none of them have helped. I do not drink caffine or eat chocolate yet I still feel like i need to go to the toilet. its not even really an urgent thing it just doesnt go. It constantly feels like my bladder is full.

driving is a nightmare, I have to stop all the time to go although i dont really need too.

might I have IC?

also I am going to book another doctor appointment and request to see a urologist, can I do that?

does anybody else have this symptom? its a nightmare I honestly feel that its destroyed my life.
Hi,
I visited a urologist yesterday. Like you, I have had negative urine tests, swabs, etc. I have also had transvaginal ultrasounds and a CT scan that came back negative. The urologist is putting me in for a cystoscopy because she believes that I have IC/BSP. The current thinking amongst urologists is that you no longer have to fit every criteria. In my case. I have had urinary frequency on and off for five years. This started with a genuine UTI and each episode lasts between 2 weeks and 3 months. I do not get pain, but pain is no longer considered necessary for a diagnosis. I also do not need to get up at night, however the urge is constant during the day. I am nowhere near the severe end of the scale as I can function normally and I dont have pain. I have also only had five episodes, but they have been enought to disrupt my life somewhat. Urinary urge/frequency is enough along with doctors being unable to find a cause of the problem to consider IC/BSP and my urologist considered it immediately. What is usually present when they look inside the bladder is something called glomerulations. These are usually present in people with IC and is enough to make the diagnosis definitively.

I am in Australia, so not sure how you go about things in your country, but good luck with everything and I hope you get the answers you are searching for. I can't say that I am entirely happy about the prospect of IC as there is no cure, but at least I will know what I am dealing with.

Regards,
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

blamm0620 HB User

Hi ashcan,

My symptoms and experience is almost identical to yours. Most threads I find, people complain of pain...which I have none of. Just the 24 hours a day feeling of needing to go with zero relief. I have had the testing done, and seen several different urologists, diagnosing me with IC, but I have been on IC meds for the past 3 months...with zero relief. Have you found any help? Would love to hear back from you or anyone similar that found relief...

The Following User Says Thank You to blamm0620 For This Useful Post:
Garda11 (12-28-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

jocotter HB User

I have had IC with the symptons you describe + pain for 10 years. If you don't have pain, it may be a matter of an overactive bladder and Detrol may help. I have both and Detrol definately helps. However, be warned that it is expensive even on a health plan (mine is $70 a month) and when you first take it, your mouth is very dry for a week or two. But you adjust to that. I hope that might help. I hate bathroom issues. I have to know where every bathroom is!

Closed Thread