It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

littleginger73 HB User
Unhappy Going In Circles With My Urinary Tract Pain,Spasm

A month ago I started having UTI symptoms and after days of having negative tests, finally my Dr. said she found a bacteria in my urine so she started me on an antibiotic. It seemed to do the trick and for about 3 weeks I was fine but one day my urithra was burning and itching. Then a few days later my blatter was spasming again. I'm up all night going to the bathroom every 30 minutes peeing either a lot or sometimes barely anything but mostly it's clear. They tested me for diabetes but was negative. There's no comfortable way to lay down. It's always uncomfortable. It was like the UTI was back or never really was gone. Since then my Dr has started me on 3 different antibiotics because she found E Coli in my bladder along with traces of blood this time. Well 2 weeks later and i'm still not better. My bladder is almost contantly spasming and sleep is hard to come by. So today my Dr. started me on the same antibiotic I first took a month ago that temp. cleared it up. I have an appt. with a urologist in 13 days. I can't wait that long!! I've tried AZO and Uricalm to help with the pain but all it did was make my urine orange. No help with the pain or spasms. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I feel like no one is really taking this much seriously. Something is wrong and my quality of life is horrible. I haven't been able to be intimate with my poor husband and I'm really irritable. I'm supposed to start looking for a job but until this clears up, i'm not sure how understanding an employer would be if i'm constantly going to the bathroom. I think maybe I may have IC but I have no idea when or if they will ever find out for sure. Does it sound like it to you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

Ksusha77 HB User
Re: Going In Circles With My Urinary Tract Pain,Spasm

Hmm..Something similar to my situation.
Started last year. First I had UTI-symptoms but negative cultures, so no infection. Dr suspected IC.Then September came and that's when worst started. I've been having recurrent bladder infections (these are conformed by cultures so definitely UTIs). I have had so many since then (been about 9 months since) and I've been on so many different antibiotics I lost count. This peeing, pain, in other words discomfort has is also ruining my life. I don't work but was intending to but can I? Needless to say how it's also ruining my intimate life with my husband. I don't know how to break this cycle.
I can't say whether you have an IC. You may have but you may not. You may just be having irritation from the infections. And then new infections. So did you see a urologist? What did he say?

Old 07-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

Jen5266 HB User
Re: Going In Circles With My Urinary Tract Pain,Spasm

I was diagnosed with IC last August & I have to tell you that the diagnosis did nothing to help other than tell me what was the problem. Your story sounds just like mine. There is no cure or anything to really relieve it other than diet (eliminating caffeine, spicy foods, soda, anything with potassium, etc.... of course all the stuff I love!). I just started Elmiron, which apparently is the ONLY medication to help IC. The urologist said they have no idea how it works...thats comforting. Any way I am desperate too as I am so frustrated with living this way. Best of luck to you!!! Ill let you know how the Elmiron works....takes about 3-6 months to take effect. Jen

Closed Thread