It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

time and again HB User
Unhappy Pain down below.

I have just been diagnosed with IC. I had a cystoscopy, and biopsy and was told that I had bladder inflamation. I was quite poorly after the cystoscopy as I started bleeding the day after, and was in hospital for 5 days. Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, does anyone else get a terrible pain down below. I dont get a pain in the bladder, but between the legs, its unbearable. Ive been given 0xybutynin patches, but will these cure this pain. I dont have it all the time, but mostly when I need the loo, which I do very frequently. I would appreciate any advice.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
(female)

pianokeys HB User
Re: Pain down below.

time and again,

Is the pain in your perineum (the area between your vulva and anus)? From the info and readings my OB-GYN gave me on IC, I know pain there is pretty common for IC patients. I remember one pamphlet recommended filling a balloon with a small amount of cold water and placing it on the perineum for a while to ease the pain. Hopefully your medication will also kick in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

time and again HB User
Re: Pain down below.

Hi Pianokeys. Yes thats where the pain is, and its really terrible at times. Im glad to know that pain in this area is common. I will certainly try what you suggest. IC is a horrible thing, but it does help to know youre not alone. Thanks for replying. Take care.

Closed Thread