It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
(female)

cheshirecat1 HB User
Interstitial Cystitis?

Hi everyone, Iím 19 year old college student and I have been having a terrible pain in my pelvic region for awhile. It first started in December. I had felt a sharp pain in what I believe is my bladder and felt urgency to void. This occurred for a long time until I finally went to an emergency care clinic. The doctor there suspected UTI and prescribed me Ciprofloxacin. After taking it for about 4 days, I received a call that I did not have any signs of a UTIÖ only Group B strep bacteria in my urine and to see a gynecologist. The symptoms disappeared and so I did not do anything about it and I discontinued the antibiotics. About 2 weeks ago I have experienced these symptoms again and they are relentless. It has been increasing in severity everyday. It originally started with a dull ache in my center and sharp pain radiating to my left side (I assumed post-menstrual cycle pain) and then it became worse. It feels like something- I am thinking bladder- is about to rupture, puncture, or explode. It almost feels like someone is pinching both center and left area of pelvis. The painful spasms make eating and sleeping a difficult task. Again, I went to the clinic and she once again suspects a UTI and prescribed me pain medication and antibiotics (I highly doubt UTI as the same thing happened last time) I have been spending the past days bracing and crossing my legs tightly and doing kegels to shift the pain and feelings of urgency. I do have a sense of burning around my genital area and sometimes towards the end of voiding although the burning is not severeóthe sharp pressure, spasms, and urgency is. I have made an appointment on Monday for my gynecologist. Does anyone have any idea on what could be going on? I have looked up signs of endometriosis and IC but the pain in the center and spasms make me think this could be ICÖ. Unless, the pain from endometriosis could be causing the bladder to be irritated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread