It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

Moemoe11 HB User
Angry Help!!! Are my symptoms IC

Hello,
I have had a pain in my lower abdomen for 3 and a half years now. My GYN thought it was endometriosis but after laproscopy she brought a gastro. Dr in to take my appendix out and he diagnosed me with diverticulitis. I had a colonoscopy at which another dr said I didn't have diverticulitis at all and my intestines were fine. They now sent me to a urologist who doesn't think it's IC but wants to just try bladder instillation to give it a shot. Before I spend a lot more money...I've spent over 5000...with no answers... Here are my symptoms..

Severe pain in pelvic lower abdomen center area
Ibuprofen helps with pain but I take like 4

Pain comes and goes but leaves me in tears and in bed

Feels crampy sharp stabbing

I don't have any urine pain or urinary frequency

The most I urine is about 15-20 times but i drink a lot of water

Any help is appreciated before I get the therapy

Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB User
Re: Help!!! Are my symptoms IC

I am responding to your post. I have been going thru something and wanted to share. Maybe we have the same symptoms. Let me run things past you.

First of all I went thru pancreatic surgery in 2007 for a mass. The tail was removed and the spleen.

Since that time I had bouts of abdominal bloating; pain as well. The diagnosis was that I had a bacterial infection from the surgery.

But in the past few months I have been getting the same symptoms again so I saw the gastroenteroligist. Beyone the above symptoms there was abdominal tenderness.

So i went thru an MRI to see if the pancreatic mass returned. Luckily it has not. But there is a right renal cyst of watery substance. Which from what I have seen can cause abdominal pain; bloating after eating; frequent urination; back pain.

I have been urinatnng frequently. I am on Rapaflo for full bladder but isnt helping at this point. I do have spine issues, but lately have been getting pain in hip region and low back. I am not sure if this is coming from the spine issues or related to other issues.

I am in kidney failure and born with one kidney. My nephrologist due to the cyst said I should see a Urologist. I am in the process of getting an appt scheduled.

There are times during the day I am extremely bloated, even hours after eating; pain at times as well. Sometimes I guess a stabbing pain. But in total discofort. sometimes I feel slightly nauseous, but mildly.

not sure what else to say. Hope to hear back from you and maybe we can share stories and get some answer.

Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

cmenok HB Usercmenok HB User

More than likely it is colon related and not IC...with IC your bladder fills full even though it is not and when you go it burns...feels just like a bladder infection except you have it all the time. I'm not a doctor but have been through the meal with doctors. I believe it could be colon related, If pain is on the right, could be chrons disease...if more to center and left it could be just inflamation, etc. Good luck! Get into see doctor again.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB Userpebblebeach2 HB User

Thanks for the response. I happened to see the urologist yesterday. He is having another radiologist look at the films. the report was reallya bad report in that it was vague.

I have pain in the entire abdominal region. I am also experiencde constant problems with urinating in that I am sometimes running and even when i think i am done 2 minutes later I am running again. Bladder could be full I guess.

But I have a colonoscopy scheduled for about 3 weeks from now. So maybe it is the colon.

Again the entire abdomonal region has the feeling of being bloated; and pain.. then today for the first time I experienced a cramping feeling on the left side. Also been experiencing bouts of nausea. But it seems that the symptoms get worse and more ntnese as times go on.

Maybe it is colon related was thinking that last night. Thought Crohns too but dont know to much. so its back to wait and see.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
(female)

cmenok HB Usercmenok HB User

Might also be irritable bowl syndrome which hurts like hell, bloating, and nausia. or something called dicaticolitous??? I am bad with the medical spelling...you might try checking out colon diseases...colitous...but look for the correct spellings. Just sound out what I wrote...I had colon issues as well recently and they checked me for all of the above. I had some of the same symptoms you are having so they checked me for all of the above~~Blessings~

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
(female)

springcameo HB User

Hi Moemoe,

Can you give us an update? What was found? What's the new theory? Any progress in treatment?
Wishing you well!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
(female)

matiasmom HB User

I really can not answer this precisely, but I also have these symptoms and suspect that I have IC. I go to see my urologist tomorrow (Tues). I will let you know what I hear. It is severe pain and affects my relationship with my son and my husband. I hope you find out and get some kind of relief hun. Take care.

Reply Reply