It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

staci lynn HB User
Unhappy ongoing IC symptoms

hi

I been diagnosed with IC since I was 16 I am now 24 .. my gyno was worried why I had a uti just about every day so I went and saw a urologist then he diagnosed me. he gave me installations and seemed to help told me to watch diet and I didn't. I was able to eat drink anything I wanted for almost 2 years til about 9 weeks ago randomly 4 am in the morning my bladder started to burn and still hurting 9 weeks later. I'm miserable !! I went and saw a new urologist he prescribed me with elmiron only been on it for 2 weeks now I heard it takes months to start

also back on my strict diet I take prelief before anything that's little iffy. and AZO pills if really needed. this is my longest flare yet! normally goes away after few days not weeks ! I have lots of anxiety now depression and just at my ends with all of this. every day is a different symptom and I haven't gone out due to this.

I'm going to finish thru with the elmiron bc I heard it really helps but just not knowing when this flare is going to go away or what it's going to be like the next day is scary. I have panic attacks about going to work ( I'm s hairstylist ) so I have to stand and deal with clients all day. it's just breaking me down physically and emotionally. I try to be strong but difficult when I think back bout how long this has been going on for. feels like it's never ending !!!

I wish there's a cure hopefully soon and feel everyone's pain who has to go thru this. sorry for long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
(female)

puggranny HB User
Re: ongoing IC symptoms

I am just in the process of being tested for IC. I have been in pain for more than a month. I have seen a urologist and am taking Elmiron. Been on it since 3/30/12. So far not much help my feelign of everything falling out is some better but constant pain in bladder, urgency to pee and my lower right back is hurting. I had never heard of IC till I went to the urologist. I so feel for you and wish I knew an answer to solve the pain. I just try to make it through each day. I have to get this under control so I can go to work....... Take care and here is a ((((HUG))))

Closed Thread