It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

BrakBill HB User
difficult doctor (trying to get note)

hi all!
i was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis last year, but i have had symptoms for about 20 years. i decided to get aggressive with pursuing a diagnosis after i had to drop out of college for the third time and they informed me i would not be allowed back without a doctor's note. it took me 5 years from that point to get diagnosed. now that i am finally diagnosed i'm having trouble getting my urologist to write the note that i spent 5 years of my life working towards!

my doctor says that i should just take more medication and then i won't need a note. i tried to explain to him that whether i'm on medication or not, i still need a note and he grudgingly wrote me a note but put the wrong diagnosis on it and wouldn't write any requests for accommodations. i just need for him to write something that states my correct diagnosis, briefly explains the condition, and requests that i be allowed to have water in class and use the restroom as needed.

i know he isn't a good doctor for me and i've been trying to find a new one, but there aren't that many urologists in my area. i have the name for a new one, but i'm moving in about a month (my doctors are in california, but my college is in texas) and i really need to get this note filed before i move.

does anyone have any advice?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
(female)

lynn006 HB User
Lightbulb Re: difficult doctor (trying to get note)

I felt I had to register just to give u some hopefully helpful advise. I would ask someone at the check in desk to write the note on the drs paper and beg that person to have the Dr sign or validate the note, you could even write a very short note yourself and ask the person to "consider" having it signed or recopying the note... that's all I can think of I've had IC for more then 20 years and I know how bad it is! But believe it or not things could be worse, so just keep reminding yourself of that, I believe it helps. I have servere FM ànd many heriated disc's and the FM is the worst of all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

BrakBill HB User
Re: difficult doctor (trying to get note)

i also have fibromyalgia and several other medical conditions as well, but so far have not had any difficulty getting notes from other doctors- just this one. so frustrating!

The Following User Says Thank You to BrakBill For This Useful Post:
truck driver (06-23-2012)
Closed Thread