It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
(male)

BobIndy HB User
Do I have IC? Can't takt much more of this!

I am at the end of my rope. For the last year or so I have had periodic flare ups of these terrible urinary frequency/urgency symptoms. Basically what happens is I get this awful constant pressure/urge in my bladder, and I go to pee sometimes as often as twice every 30 minutes, sometimes even more often. There's no pain, burning, blood, or anything like that. Just the horribly annoying pressure/urgency coming from my bladder area. It is affecting my quality of life terribly, and I am having trouble sleeping at night. Basically this is making my life a living hell. I don't get what is going on. The symptoms come on really suddenly, and last anywhere from 2 weeks to just a few days. But this latest episode has lasted for almost more than 2 weeks. I have been seen by several urologists, and they did urinealysis on me, urine culture, and std tests, all came back negative. So what is going on? I try and drink plenty of fluids, and as much as I will hate it, try giving up coffee for a few days and see if that helps. But I don't think coffee is the problem because I didn't drink it for months and I still got symptoms..

Currently my urologist has me on doxycyline for a suspected enlarged prostate, but so far my symptoms have not improved. He has also prescribed flomax and ditropan, but the side effects kind of scare me with those so I haven't taken them yet. My big fear is that these symptoms are here to stay and my life will be a living hell. I really don't want to take sleeping pills but if this hell doesn't stop I will have to just to sleep. Can anyone provide any insight as to what might be going on? I am young, male,30 yo, and not overweight, and not a smoker or drinker. Could this be prostatitis, interstitial cystitis, or just overactive bladder? And what are some treatments I may request or ask for to try and stop these terrible constant symptoms? Thanks for any input!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

Garda11 HB User
Re: Do I have IC? Can't takt much more of this!

Hi BobIndy,

Yes can totally relate to your situation, I have now been suffering on and off for 10months, and since the summer every few weeks, and now it is every few days. I know when I walk at 4 to go to the loo it has started for the day, and forget sleep after that. But my father is suffering day and night, goes to the bathroom 8-9 times on a good night, bad night is anything from 15 up....
He had his postrate done two years ago and well things didnt work out and he is now more frequent than before the operation. He had numerous procedures done, including injection once a week for 8weeks, where he didnt get beyond the first injection, as he got an infection and a large swelling, they called it epididmytis sp???. So he really is exhausted and worn put, and I sure do klnow what he is on about.

The only thing I have found thaty has helped anit is dactacort cream, this somehow helps for a while.... I cant understnad how no one has any answers in the medical profession, it scares me to think this is with me to stay. I am sick of centering my outings to an easy access to a loo.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
(male)

Tony Sydney HB User

Hi Bob
The only thing that has helped me is taking Flaxseed oil capsules , 2 x 1000mg morning and night, I have not had any pain now since I started taking them 9 months ago, It has not stopped the frequency but is has the pain.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
(male)

Tony Sydney HB User

Hi Bob
The only thing that has helped me is taking Flaxseed oil capsules , 2 x 1000mg morning and night, I have not had any pain now since I started taking them 9 months ago, It has not stopped the frequency but is has the pain.

Reply Reply