It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

CrossMyHeart HB User
Is this IC?

Hello,

Let me begin by saying that I do not have a long history of UTIs. I've only had three in my life. I had one in junior high, one in high school, and I just got over one recently. However, about three months ago I experienced some symptoms of a UTI. Kind of frequent urination (every hour or so), slight burning (not as strong as that of a full blown UTI), and a feeling of pressure in my pelvic region. I've had many urinalyses done and they all came out negative. Except for the test I've had two weeks ago which indicated I had an actual UTI.

These vague UTI-like symptoms come and go, but I definitely experience them every month. I don't really have the debilitating abdominal pain that most people with IC experience though. It's still a bothersome condition that affects my life. It feels like my life is revolved around the restroom and I am not truly living to the fullest. Is it possible that this is still a case of IC? I've also have endometriosis tossed at me.

Last edited by CrossMyHeart; 02-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
(male)

Phogan26 HB User
Re: Is this IC?

I have had IC for 3 years now and I have never had a UTI (I have been tested for them over 100 times and all are neg) but have the feeling everyday like I do and this is going off of what people told me they feel like. I have done my research since being diagnosed with IC and there is no UTI's with IC. It is something that people miss understand, that is why IC is so hard to understand what is going on because what it is, is your immune system attacking your bladder wall. This causes bleeding on the bladder wall which can be mild to server. My doctor has been doing this for over 25 years and I am the youngest male and his worst case with the amount of bleeding I have going on in my bladder. what I am saying is that most people think because they have a lot of UTI's that they might have IC but you would have to also have to go to the bathroom like 30-120 times a day. You would have a lot of pressure like you said you have which is a sign. I am not sure what else you have going on but there is some really good info on IC on John Hopkins website. I have been there for treatment and the only thing I had not done when I went for my IC was take my bladder out which is not what I will be doing at 26. If you have any other questions feel free to write back I have my whole medical file with all the symptoms and good stuff like that. Hope you feel better or get some answers soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
endometriosis, frequent urination, interstitial cystitis