It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

Could this be IBS or an anal fissure?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
BeeC23
(female)

BeeC23 HB User
Unhappy Could this be IBS or an anal fissure?

I don't usually come to websites like this for help, but this has been stressing me out and I'd like some opinions.

First off, I'd like to say that I am a very anxious person, to the point where it's crippling. Whenever I get nervous, I start to feel sick, which usually results in diarrhea. Diarrhea is not uncommon for me, mostly because my diet isn't the best.
Earlier today I was in the bathroom again, nothing new, except the diarrhea burned. That was it for a while and I went back to what I was doing for a few minutes before going back to the bathroom. Same thing, except there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper this time. Not a lot, just barely enough to be visible. Kind of like a light red you'd get from a little scratch and I still felt a bit of a sting/burning sensation.
The only time it hurts now is when I put any pressure on my... you know. I think it is an anal fissure, but I have no itching or pain other than it feels a little swollen when I get up and move around. When I went back to the bathroom to see if there was any more blood (which there wasn't, really. Very light and hard to see) there was also a bit of mucus.
The diarrhea itself was pretty watery with a brown/orangeish colour to it. Keep in mind again that I currently don't have the best diet, as several fruit skins cause my throat to itch.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm going to the doctor in hopefully the next few days, but this has me worried sick. Literally

Edit: I'd also like to mention that when I was a kid, I did have issues with hard stools and ended up getting a bit of tearing. Could one of those tears have opened up again? Is the mucus normal?
Other than the symptoms above, I feel fine. I have no itching or abdominal pain as of now, nor do I feel bloated or have any discomfort while laying down and relaxing. It's currently 1 am and I'm noticing the swelled feeling less and less, but am still a bit concerned.

Last edited by BeeC23; 07-21-2017 at 01:07 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Could this be IBS or an anal fissure?

It sounds like a fissure and they can be painful and cause blood and mucus.

it could also be a hemorrhoid... going to the doctor is the right thing to do because they will be able to tell the difference. GI or Gastroenterology doctors are the best to see for either of these issues..

Reply Reply

Tags
anal fissures, anxiety, ibs