It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #1

CuredFromIBS HB User
Thumbs up 38 years of IBS, cured in one week

I've had IBS for as long as I can remember. I'm now in my 40's and for the first time in my life, I no longer suffer from this terrible plight. It's taken us years of trying various things (as most of you have). I abstained from dairy products, and then anything with oils, then so on and so on...

By chance, my wife had read something about a chemical that is sprayed on vegetables (and some fruits I guess) at grocery stores. She thought it would be worth a try buying sealed lettuce, rather than open bulk lettuce. She brought some home, not saying anything other than the fact that she wanted to try this new lettuce. We ate it for a week or two and my wife asked me when I had my last IBS episode. I couldn't remember. I remember being puzzeled by this, and really had to think about the last time I had to rush to the washroom for a typical explosion. It must have been a couple weeks, I thought. Well, it was.

She continued to buy that lettuce and in the last few months, I've had diarrhea twice. Two times in about three months. Before this minor change in diet, I had diarrhea at least twice a week, sometimes for several days on end.

That's it. That's the single only thing different in my diet. No changes to my lifestyle, work, environment. Nothing.

By the way, my two diarrhea episodes were predictable, in hindsight. The first was dinner at the family's house, where I ate their typical salad. The second happened when this packaged salad wasn't available, so my wife tried another type. It was also packaged, the previous lettuce was guaranteed unsprayed: no pesticides or chemical washes of any kind. Totally organic.

So, my friends, don't give up. I can honestly say, that I am completely and totally cured. There's a good chance that there's something in your diet that simply doesn't agree with you.

Go ahead and try out my discovery. Look for either bagged lettuce (not iceburg lettuce!!! Iceburg has no nutritional value of any kind), or buy the "living" lettuce, that comes in it's own enviro pack. Neither of these should have received any spray from the grocery's veggie sprayers! I don't know what's in those sprayers, but I can tell you, it's not just water.

Respond to this message with your experience after trying this for a couple weeks.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
(male)

JeffH HB User
Re: 38 years of IBS, cured in one week

That's very good news for you. Congratulations. However you were not "cured" of IBS. What you did do was discover and rectify a food intolerence that you have.

See a thread further down the list on lettuce. It deals with this issue. Actually I had posted to it about the chemicals sprayed on lettuce and such.

Great new tho!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 08:41 PM   #3

nightangel00 HB User
Re: 38 years of IBS, cured in one week

Congratulations for the great discovery and healing of this plague! Thats quite interesting..and now I know to never buy sprayed stuff like that from the grocery store.

Closed Thread