It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #1

Randy2 HB User
Is urinary frequency part of IBS syndrome?

I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago after colonoscopy and other tests. Fortunately all my abdominal sysptoms have been quiet since then - I used to get the cramp attacks/D twice per week. Its now occurring maybe 3 times/year.

I did however recently develop urinary frequence (6 times per 24 hour period). No other related symptoms. Had a physical with DRE and PSA and everything was normal.

My doctor thinks the frequent urination is stress related or a part of my IBS syndrome.

I've never heard of frequent urination being part of IBS. And my IBS is in remission I'd have to say. Can frequent urination manifest itself as part of IBS and as the chief symptom as my intestines have been pretty quite.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Is urinary frequency part of IBS syndrome?

Randy,
If you experience alot of diarrhea --it can deplete nutrients that are important resulting in all sorts of symptoms.

Urination frequency problems are not associated with IBS. I think urinating 6 times in a 24 hour period is normal but urination frequency is controlled by fluid intake-- as you may know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread