It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #1

clint3521 HB User
Bulge in lower abdomen?

Does anyone have this? I have been to 6 doctors trying to figure out what this is. Sometimes it's there, sometimes bigger, sometimes painful, and other times it's gone. They say it's not a hernia. It's just below my hips and sometimes is long and extends up into my side. Could this be a spastic colon? I've been diagnosed with IBS and have constipation. I'm also having my gallbladder out b/c it's not working right. So this doesn't help the IBS. Does anyone have any ideas what this bulge is? Any help would be great!

Old 04-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Re: Bulge in lower abdomen?

HI! Although I cannot answer what your bulge is, I can tell you that I do notice that my left lower abdomen is slightly larger than the left. I guess you can call it a bulge. I don't know what it is either. I suffer from years and years of constipation and I feel that I have stretched out either my intestines or colon to hold the huge stools I store all the time. I have a GI consult this week and I hope to know more. I'm sure I'll need testing and I'm scared of all that stuff. I wish you luck with your surgery and hope you get some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 12:21 AM   #3

adso HB User

Sorry no idea here either.

But I just wanted to clarify, is it your entire abdomen bulged or a particular spot?

Most of us here would have some form of stomach bulging for several hours after meals, but thats above the hip, I assume nothing like what youre describing

Old 06-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #4

amymarie31 HB User

I had a bulge in my side as well, and all the symptoms of IBS with D. XRays, ultasounds showed nothing. I had painful cramps and the hard buldge inmy lower left side. Come to find out I had endometriosis, but the only wasy to tell is to have laproscopic surgery, there are no test for endo and you can't see it on xrays, ultrasounds, or cat scans. I had surgery and no longer have that bulge, and my symptoms of IBS were relieved for about 2 years. Now I'm getting the symptoms back again, may be time for more surgery. It's s small price to pay for two years of relief.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:20 PM   #5

chrislint3521 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymarie31
I had a bulge in my side as well, and all the symptoms of IBS with D. XRays, ultasounds showed nothing. I had painful cramps and the hard buldge inmy lower left side. Come to find out I had endometriosis, but the only wasy to tell is to have laproscopic surgery, there are no test for endo and you can't see it on xrays, ultrasounds, or cat scans. I had surgery and no longer have that bulge, and my symptoms of IBS were relieved for about 2 years. Now I'm getting the symptoms back again, may be time for more surgery. It's s small price to pay for two years of relief.
I have been diagnosed with IBS and have slight cramping all the time, plus lower back pain. I know this can be associated with IBS as well. The bulge comes and goes. It's usually pretty long, but sometimes knots up into a ball. Endometriosis doesn't do this, does it? My doctor told me yesterday he thinks it's a hernia. Thanks for your input.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Amymarie,
Hi. I have been diagnosed with ibsd/c and I have been dealing with it for about 3 years and it just gets worse, horrible bloating!!!! My mom had endometriosis and my gyn is pretty sure I have it as well, I go in next week to schedule a laproscopy. Do you think ibs/endometriosis have similar symptoms? I had a colonoscopy last year I was 24 and my doc said I have a spastic colon although I had no symptoms for a while but I sure as heck do now!!!! and if you don't mind does the laproscopy hurt, my mom can't remember.
thanks so much
Carly

Closed Thread