It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #1

PACKERS26 HB User
Colon Cleansing

I am always reading these article on the colon cleansing system that people are taking to help them with internal parasites and such. They claim to work great at getting someone back to normal funtioning of the colon and digestive systems. I was wondering if they really work, and what is in these formulas that make them so expensive?? I was just reading about one of the products called "colonix" I think. THere has to be a cheaper way of cleansing your colon than 200 dollars for a couple of months worth!!!

Old 05-26-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User
Re: Colon Cleansing

I to am looking into colon cleansing. Is it beneficial, has anyone tried it, if so what. I'm primarily concerned about it it's really necessary, helpful, or harmful. Anyone done this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Colon cleansing can be sort of dangerous if not done properly. It's can release all sorts of toxin into your system tat can be re-absorbed. So, I suggest you do it slow and be careful!!!

Old 05-28-2004, 12:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User

Thank you for the advice Harry. I'm leary about it anyway because I took one Correctol a while back and was violently ill. I didn't want to think what may happen with the whole colon cleanse thing. I can't believe how they advertise those things as a total cure all. And especially bothersome is that the people they advertise to could have and probably do have serious undiagnosed disorders which may be compounded with something like a colon cleanse. Thanks much!

Old 06-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
(female)

On a Mission HB User
Lightbulb Re: Colon Cleansing

Good Evening,

I once had the great idea of trying a colon cleanser just because everyone was saying it was a good thing to do...Well it turned out to be the worst thing I could have done for myself. I was so sick, didnt think I would ever get to leave the house again, to think I had only taken two pills... WHEW, makes me sick just thinking about it. Just thought I would put my .08 cents in...

Closed Thread