It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 08:30 AM   #1

lionphish HB User
Question Anyone take Psyllium?

I was considering taking the natural suplement Psyllium to regulate my bowel mouvements and I was wonderring if anyone here has taken it and if it's a good idea? I'm afraid that it will irritate my intestins...

Any information on this (personal experience) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Anyone take Psyllium?

Your intestines need fiber to function properly!!
Psyllium is safe to use daily to make you regular but when first starting it does ferment and cause alot of gas so start off slow.

Drink enough water or it will constipate you. I use it daily and have for about 20 years. It works for both constipation and diarrhea --- it is a stool bulking agent so it just adds fluid to your stool and certainly will not irritate your intestines. The container use to read Bowel Regulator.

I think it is one of the healthy things a person can do because we just don't get enough fiber in our diet these days. All meat, seafood and dairy products contain none so you have to get it in fruits and veggies also grains.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 07:44 AM   #3

lionphish HB User

Thanks...And how much water do you need to drink?

Old 05-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

You need to drink a glass with each dose and you should drink 8 -- 8 ounce glasses daily.

Closed Thread