It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 08:01 AM   #1

Stardust HB User
Not sure anymore what i have

About 15 years a doctor diagnosed me with Colitis. I would get very bad cramping mostly below my navel in my intestines. He had given me some kind of elixier which worked, cant remember the name but i know it had Belladonna in it. I usually get my bouts about 1 every month, and I know its stress related. Now Im just confused with all the different intestinal problems out there. Chrohns, IBS, Celiac disease. Im wondering first if I had been misdiagnosed. Anyway, other problems Ive been having which makes me think there is a yeast problem is this. Bad heartburn after spicey foods, i suppose which is normal. But also bad heartburn after eating bread. Bad gas after beer, and sometimes a bad bout of the Colitis a day or 2 after a binge drink. Bad breath and constant thirst and fatique has plaqued me for years also. The fatique is the kind where i may sleep 8 hours a day but still feel like i can sleep another 8. Sometimes wake up with a headache and feeling like "stoned", dizzy and tired. Anyway, ive decided to start taking care of myself, and am seeing a doctor this week, and am asking him to do all the testing that a 41 year old male should be having anyway. Am starting an excercise program and have quit smoking after 25 years, and hopefully the excercise will start to improve my intestinal problems. Anyone have any other suggestions or imput?

Old 06-07-2004, 06:01 AM   #2

1447928 HB User
Re: Not sure anymore what i have

I was the same way you are. No answers. I was told I had IBS and there was nothing to be done about it. But it just kept getting worse. I was finally tested for Fructose Intolerance and it turns out that is what the problem was. I have changed my diet (no more bread, fruit, sweets, etc). I had the fatigue, the terrible headaches, stomach problems. It is worth checking out, it may change your life.

I wish you the best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Not sure anymore what i have

Hi Stardust,

Thirstyness all the time could point to some diabetic tendencies. Just a thought. I'm not sure which one it is: Is it gluten or wheat intolerance that mimics IBS - Just asked cause you mentioned beer.

Cheers, Raju.

Closed Thread