It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 08:49 AM   #1

Katttob HB User
Sick-All the time!!

Hi, I am pretty sure I have IBS. My mom has it and has terrible problems and over the past 2 years I have been showing symptoms. I also have severe fissures and hemirods on the rectum (which get bad from time-to-time).

I constantly feel bloaty and nauseous. When I wake up in the mornings I just feel nauseous and have spams in my stomach. And I have noticed that the spasms are worse at night or when I wake up?? I am constantly taking Phayzme & I just don't know what to do, I feel sick my stomach all the time and don't know what to eat!

Any advice on what I can eat to help me feel better would be great. And since I have fissures I have to make sure I am eating a lot of fiber, do I need to also do this for IBS or does fiber make it worse??

Last edited by Katttob; 06-08-2004 at 08:51 AM.

Old 06-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #2

Dimaki HB User
Re: Sick-All the time!!

Hi,

You should check with your doctor first since nausea and bloating could be signs of other things. IBS involves constipation and diarrhea. It also has the nausea of course. Phazyme, isn't that for acid indigestion or something? I have read that antacids can cause diarrhea.

Anyway, for nausea I take pepto. My dr. has me on levsin, which works for the muscle spasms. I don't normally have spasms, but still some bowel problems, which are for the most part tolerable.

What to eat...have you tried not eating dairy? Things like that? I can't eat dairy. Some of the links on this site will tell you what to eat and not to eat. Fiber is good for bowels. My dr. even recommends it for the diarrhea. But I know a whole lot of fiber in one day might not be a good idea, gradually increase that in your diet.

I don't know if you are a girl or guy but girls can have gyno problems that give some of the symptoms, and menstrual cycles can effect IBS. Go and get tested for everything else first, why suffer....

Oh, stay away from greasy stuff too, that seems to bother me. There is so much to look out for but lay off the fried foods and dairy, see if it gets a little better...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread