It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #1

hello_kitty_777 HB User
Not Ibs Afterall

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my messages!!!! To those who didn't know my story it goes like this:: 3 years ago I had Laproscopic surgery for endometriosis and a month after that my appendix out due to endo. 2 years later I had another Laproscopy. About 6 months after that I started experiencing pain in my right side under my rib cage. I vomit thick bright yellow stuff sometimes and cannot digest fried foods or alcohol. I also have yellow/light colored stools. My dr. kept insisting it was IBS and when nothing was working (I was put on everything from paxil to zanax and levsin, nulev, chlorisomething..etc.) my dr. told me it was all in my head etc. So I turned here to the healthboards. Almost every reply I got told me my Gallbladder. Even though I already had an ultrasound for it and no stones. Well, today I seen a new dr. I didnt tell him about the other dr. cuz he had me labeled as it was all in my head. Well, during my exam my new dr. put his hand below my rib cage where it usually hurts and a hand on my back. He told me to take a deep breath. I couldnt. I could barely breathe when he did that. He then started asking about when I vomit, etc. He asked me if my gallbladder was ever looked at during either of my laproscopies and I told him no. So I dont think he was leaning towards stones, but something else to do with it. Then he ordered some bloodwork and an ultrasound. He said if the ultrasound doesnt show anything he wants a hida scan. I go for the ultrasound in 2 weeks. He told me if I get a fever and/or severe pain to where I cant take a breath like in my exam to go to ER. My question still remains, is it possible to have endometriosis on the gallbladder??
Thank you again to everyone who kept replying to me. You all are so kind! So everyone who is diagnosed with IBS and have the gut feeling that something is wrong, my advice to you is to get a 2nd, 3rd, even 4th opinion!! And I say this due to the problems I have been facing.

Sorry So Long. I hope I didnt give anyone a headache reading this. lol.

angel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: Not Ibs Afterall

Hi There!

I am pretty sure that it would be possible to get endo on the gall bladder since it can spread to other organs and i've heard it said it can spread pretty high up from the uterine lining. I'd have that checked on for sure,though I don't know how they'd check on the gall blader?

Old 07-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #3

joeyjoeyjoey HB User

Well, I had the ultrasound. Nothing of significance. Fatty liver thats it. My white blood cell count was high however. I don't know what that means. I go back to the dr. next Wednesday. I only have the pain in my right side and into my right rib cage and back like right before my period comes and during it and about 3 - 5 days after it. Sometimes a week after it. Then it all disappears until I eat a huge greasy meal. So I dunno. I am confused.

wbs
angel

Last edited by moderator4; 07-07-2004 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Quote not needed.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:51 PM   #4

erikajean HB User

Hi, I feel like I went through the same thing as you. About 5 years ago, a doctor diagnosed me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I took medicine for it, had a lot of bloating, back bain, diarhhea, vomiting, stomach pains. Well I moved back to my home town and went back to my family doctor he told me he didn't think it was ibs, he thought it was just my stomach. So he prescribed me pepcid. It wasn't working and I went back again, then he said yes you do have ibs and prescribed me Zelnorm. I asked him if it could be my gallbladder he said no. Never had a sonogram or anything done. I went to a different doctor and the medicine wasn't working and I told him I thought it might be my gallbladder, he ordered a sonogram and it is full of stones. So all these years I have been taking the wrong medicine. I had my surgery on October 22, 2004 not yet a week and they tried to get it lap, but they had to open me up, my gallbladder sack tore it was so thin and inflamed, the stones went into my stomach so they had to get them out. It hasn't been a fun process that's for sure. I have no idea how long I will be off work, but taking a shower, wears me down. I was under anthesia for 3 1/2 hours. All because I was misdiagnosed all those years ago.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
(female)

kastenm HB User

I had my gallbladder removed in 1999. Before surgery, all I had was a slight pain under my upper right rib cage. after eating some ice cream. I mentioned this to my dr. and he sent me in for tests right away. When they did the hida scan, wow, did they get a reaction! It actually induced a gall bladder attack I guess..it was the only one I had! Thank goodness the reaction only lasted a few minutes, but that was the sickest I've ever felt in my life! I didn't have any stones, but my gall bladder was only functioning at 11 %. So, my gall bladder is now gone and really, my digestive system hasn't been the same since. I get along OK, but have problems from time to time. So, I think from the hida scan, you get alot better idea of how your gall bladder is really working. Just because you don't have any stones, it doesn't mean you don't have problems.

kastenm

Old 10-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #6
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi hello_kitty,

I get gall bladder pain even though I didn't have any stones showing up on an ultrasound.

From my point of view, you can have pain in the gall bladder even if you don't have gall stones. I think I once posted a visualisation technique that helps people who have gall bladder problems and even otherwise. I found it:

I came up with a visual technique that might help that pain. Imagine a shiny metallic wood screw (wood screws have a sharp tip so the screw can penetrate the wood without a hole). Now at the edge where the left side of your head meets the top edge imagine the screw entering the middle of the edge. Also imagine a screw entering the middle of the left side of your head simultaneously. Both screws should be turning as you would normally turn a screw with a bit of difficulty entering. The screws should be imagined to be at different levels of penetration. Make sure you can clearly see the thread on the screw and change the thread width up and down while you are screwing the screw in.

If you have lower right quadrant pain, you should be able to use this technique on the right hand side as well.

Well, I hope this helps you.

Cheers, Raju.

Last edited by 6th_sense; 10-28-2004 at 10:47 PM.

Closed Thread