It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
(female)

Justmarried0620 HB User
Concerned I may have IBS

Hello,

After reading the post on this website I really hope I don't have IBS, because it sounds awful.

Anyway, I just got back from a Anniversary trip to Vegas the entire time I was there suffered from a bloated feeling (like my lower stomach was full of air and going to explode) feeling like I needed to pass gas or defecate, but wasn't able to, a crampy feeling usually associated with diarrehea, but never had any.

After seeing the "IBS with constipation" commercials tons of times I have been becoming more and more concerned that I may have this syndrome. Today I had major cramping and did have a little diarrhea. I'm hoping I just have some kind of stomach bug.

Anyway, I do have some regular symptoms of feeling sick after eating certain foods (mainly fatty fastfoods and large quantities of sugary substances) all things that I was able to eat in the past with no problems. I also will have a bm and still feel like I have to go for up to an hour later, before the feeling resides. I have had some mucuousy looking stuff on occasion, which I read was a symptom, but it was described as white on a website I read and not to be gross, but mine was more of a rootbeer color.

I have always had irregular bm usually 4 times a week or so. Lately it seems like sometimes I'll go several times a day and then I won't go for a couple days.

I'm sure you're all thoroughly grossed out after reading this, but I'm pretty concerned at this point. I know that IBS seems to be brought on by stress and I suffer from anxiety (which I do take meds for), but it seems like this thing might go hand and hand.

I would appreciate any advice from people who have been diagnosed with IBS and let me know if these symptoms sound similar to IBS symptoms.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2004, 06:41 AM   #2
Inactive

ladivapr HB User
Re: Concerned I may have IBS

You sound like a typical ibs case to me. Seems to me anxiety is your culprit so once you get that in control and forget about it you will be fine. It will go dont worry

Old 07-05-2004, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

craftlady HB User
Re: Concerned I may have IBS

Sound like IBS to me also, Im not a doctor, this is just my own experiance with ISB, there were times when i had more of a rootbeer color to the mucus, my doc told me that it maybe from straining to have a b/m sometime you can bleed alittle on the inside and depending how far up it was the color can be anything from bright red(low) to black, mind you now this is what I was told. Find your triggers and avoid them, stress maybe alittle harder to control but I know you can do it, I tell myself daily " DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, RELAX AND LOVE LIFE AND YOURSELF"
Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread