It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 08:45 AM   #1

rehoboth HB User
after 2 years of IBS I found a fix

After 2 years of trying to find out what caused my IBS I may have found a cure. First let me say that I've tried just about everything. For a while the only thing my stomach could take was protein (meat, fish etc) No fruits (probably a fructose intolerance) no raw veggies, definitely no breads. I took pro-biotics. Used soy products instead of dairy. No caffeine of any kind. Food was no fun as you all probably know. Lost 15 pounds, looked great, felt lousy.
I never knew when I'd have to make a sudden run for the bathroom.(Went through the bloody IBS stages last year and controlled that with diet)
Had a colonoscopy. Diagnosed with colitis, but I don't trust that doctor. He misread my chart while talking to me. Later my primary MD got a copy of report and told me what it really said.
Long story short I started taking Beano tablets with EVERY MEAL recently I am still on a modified diet but life has gotten A LOT BETTER.
The enzyme in Beano seems to do the trick. i don't think it will be a miracle if you are deep in the throes of the disease but try it along with diet modification and see what happens. It's been a process of being my own doctor to find out what works for me. P.S. Beano is a non-patented formula which you can find online under different names for less money or in any food/drugstore as Beano. I've tried 2 versions and they all work the same.
Hope this helps. Lord knows there isn't much medical help out there.
Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
Inactive

spasman HB User
Re: after 2 years of IBS I found a fix

How long it take to kick in?

Old 06-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #3

lionphish HB User

What are the ingredients in Beano?

Old 06-26-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehoboth
Lord knows there isn't much medical help out there.
Denise
Thanks, I was just about today to get that stuff out of curiousity to see if it works. Now I will get it with more reason.

TRUE that there isnt much medical help out there!!

Closed Thread