It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Intestinal flu or something has left me in excruciating pain!

All my life I have been plagued with constipation,and now the last 3 days I have been plagued by my first bout of diarrhea.I can't eat anything without it sending me to the bathroom every 5 minutes And even when I don't eat ,it just cramps up and tries to expell nothing that is there.This morning I threw up,nothing of course and my butt just feels like a semitruck ran over it and crushed it.I'm in so much pain that it now even hurts to pee.I read online that I shouldn't eat for 24-48 hours which is going to give me a headache from not eating.What about after the 2 days is up?Does it just go back to being the way it was?I just can't take this.Since its most likely a virus antibiotics will not help therefore going to the doctors is pointless.Anybody know anything that helps or how long these intestinal flus lasts?

Old 06-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Intestinal flu or something has left me in excruciating pain!

Hi dsheldon.

Do you have muscle pains that feel like the flu attacked it? Or do you cough incessantly or get a funny feeling in your throat? I get the flu like you describe - only I am able to get around the diarrhea and constipation. My allergies really act up when I get the flu. Right now my hands have gashes all over them and they regularly bleed. (sorry about the graphic nature of the description).

Sometimes I am not capable of finding out what is causing my flu, and so it lasts for weeks, even months. But for the past day or two I've been attacked by it and managed to keep it at bay. Its really my hands I'm worried about - I work at a job similar to McDonalds only my work uses an open fire grill and so I have tongs and spatulas and fryers - they all hurt my hands - its so hard to work when you have to concentrate on not allowing your stomach/heart/allergies/lungs.... to get out of control while taking people's orders, especially in such a noisy environment.

Well, I hope things dont get too extended for you. I know that I can handle my attacks to a reasonable extent. But some days are worse and some days are better.

Docs can't help with the IBS or the flu can they?

Cheers, - Raju -

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User

Well whatever it was its GONE,thank goodness.I thought maybe it was an intestinal flu cause I was just getting over a cold but now I'm thinking it could have been food poisoning.Anyway I'm back to being my constipated self again. But anythings better than whatever it was I had.

Last edited by daylight568; 06-29-2004 at 01:03 PM.

Old 06-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Hi, Not long ago I had similar symptoms. For 3 days I was in horrible pain and could't go to the bathroom, I didn;t have any signs of the flu like a fever or anything so I called my gastro doc and he told me it was food poisoning, I can't even remember what I had ate but thank god it went away. Glad your feeling better.
Carly

Closed Thread