It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 09:35 AM   #1

Healthnut25 HB User
Question Caltrate Chewables ok?

Hi everyone, I too have suffered from IBS-D for a long time now. I was diagnosed when I was in sixth grade and am now 25 years old. Of course I had it before then, but didn't find out what it was till 6th grade. I read about some of you taking caltrate. Well I ran out and bought some today! LOL! I have tryed everything and am tired of living my life on the toliet and with immodium almost everyday. My question is I saw that I should get the Caltrate with Vitamin D and other stuff in I think someone said purple and white box, well I was about to get that, but then saw the chewables. It's in a Orange and white box and says Caltrate 600 plus Chewables Calcium Dietary Supplement with Vitamin D and Minerals. Do you think it's the same thing? I mean I know it is technically, but do you think it will work the same? Here are the Supplement Facts listed on the back:
Calories 10
Total carbs 2g
Sugars 2g(I am thinking it's for taste, they do taste great!)
Vitamin D 200 IU
Calcium 600mg
Magnesium 40mg
Zinc 7.5mg
Copper 1mg
Manganese 1.8mg
Boron 250 mcg
Wow that is a lot LOL! So do you think the chewables will work the same as the pills you swallow? I hate to take pills, but some I have to swallow, but when I saw this I thought that is awesome!
I will try anything to just get my stomaches to tone down a bit or quit all together. I hate the cramping and the dirrehea. When I get that first cramp I know it's time to get to the bathroom. My husband doesn't understand it. He says he can hold his for an hour if he wants. I am like no way for me if I don't go now I will go in my pants. LOL!! He is pretty understanding about going out to restaurants and trying to go places last minute. I have to remind him sometimes, that I just can't pick up and leave, ESPECIALLY if I have just eaten I tell him do we have to get this done now. If we do than give me and hour so my immodium can set in. Usually he's like forget it I will do it later by myself. LOL poor thing. I rarely ever go out to restaurants, because I am not about to fight someone for the toliet and them be so embarrased when I do have to go. I don't know about you guys, but if I am away from home or somewhere crowed it really makes my stomach hurt more. And the worst part of it is I used to be able to control them when I was a teenager. I could not eat if I wanted to go somewhere and they would be fine. Now I have them at any time whether or not I have eaten. Oh the worst is in the morning. Every morning before work I have to go have a stomach first. I hate it, especially if I am running late. Does anyone else have one every morning?
Well I really pray, pray, pray the caltrate will help it! I would give anything to just make them ease up some. I also have endometriosis even though I have had surgery and keep getting cysts. I have had 2 miscarriages (never got past the first month and a half) in the past as well sometimes I wonder if it is because of the IBS, like my body doesn't get any of the nutrients since everything runs through me so quick sometimes. Too many problems with in there, if I could just get one under control, I think it would make a world of difference. Wow this is so long I had better go now. Thanks for any info. Have a great day!

Last edited by Healthnut25; 07-05-2004 at 09:37 AM. Reason: For got to include that is was IBS with dirrahea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 09:08 PM   #2

Healthnut25 HB User
Re: Caltrate Chewables ok?

Anyone know if these will work the same?

Closed Thread