It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
eat for survival, not for pleasure neone?

hey everyone..... i've posted here b4... but i decided to again, i haven't been to the gi doctor in like 2-3 years, had my good and bad days.. but lately i haven't had many good days its been good parts of days..... so i'm back to the gi, whos going to talk to me again maybe try some other meds since i haven't been there for so long the medicial field has updated its meds some..... since i really haven't taken much....... i'm gonna try something to try and find some relief... i've done the nutrionist thing, the calcium thing, the immodium thing(which works wonders but then i don't go for like 3 days causing me a horrible 4th day worse than when i take it in the first place) the papaya enzymes w/ each meal, the probiotics.... i'm just in it for some relief, b/c ive gotten down to around 163 lbs. i used to weigh around 200 lbs.... which was solid when i worked out... but now i never work out.... question i guess... is does anyone feel like there is a form of anorexia in fear of eating and having stomach problems... if i have to go out and do something i'd rather not eat, and when i went on vacation for a week w/out the fam, i pretty much did just that... does anyone else just eat to survive?? not eat for pleasure....?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #2

bungie2004 HB User
Re: eat for survival, not for pleasure neone?

I know how you feel. Since I got diagnosed with Ibs, I don't enjoy eating either. I have went from 120 to 98 and that's skinny. It's hard for me to maintain weight also. I used to love food, but now it is like my enemy. People don't appreciate the simple things in life untill they are taken away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2004, 08:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: eat for survival, not for pleasure neone?

I am just getting to that point. It seems that I can't eat anything anymore. If I eat fatty foods ( tried the Atkins diet) I have terrible indigestion. If I eat carbs, get bloated and indigestion. If I eat dairy, I get the big D, and so on and so on. Is there any enjoyment in eating anymore? I agree about restaurant food. Must take Immodium before and that has unpleasant consequences. I hope there is an answer.

Closed Thread