It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #1

MaryJet HB User
Is it IBS..or what? Lower left side pain.

Please help me out guys. I've been diagnosed with IBS about two years ago, soon after all pain and symptoms went away. Now for the last month I've been having dull ache pain down my left side, it feels like ovaries but the doctor said my ovaries are fine. I'm wondering if anyone experiences this same dull ache. There is no pain at night or when I'm walking around, mostly when I sit, and I sit at work. Pls help, anyone?
Thanyou in advance. Mary

Old 07-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User
Re: Is it IBS..or what? Lower left side pain.

I would have said an ovarian cyst, but since you had your ovaries checked I have no idea. Maybe seek another Dr. just to get a 2nd opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #3

Dawn101 HB User

I know exactly how you feel..I get to hurting sooooooooo bad I have to sit totaly still,until the pain goes away.My pain will go down the left side,and sometimes the right..I am still trying to find something that will easy the pain off...If any one has any advices at all please let me know.

Last edited by Dawn_; 07-10-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:05 PM   #4

Dawn101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_
I know exactly how you feel..I get to hurting sooooooooo bad I have to sit totaly still,until the pain goes away.My pain will go down the left side,and sometimes the right..I am still trying to find something that will easy the pain off...If any one has any advices at all please let me know.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 AM   #5

MaryJet HB User

Hi Dawn, Is your pain on lower left? Mine is, sometimes it's gnawing pain, sometimes sharp, it's hardly ever there in the night when I sleep, it seems to be at it's worst when I'm sitting thinking about it. It helps me to walk around, or to get my mind off it. This weekend I was really busy with company and stuff, I didn't feel it at all, go figure.
Mary

Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #6

Dawn101 HB User

Hi Mary, My Pain is on lower left running all the way down my legs. yes the pain is very gnawing but for me it is much more painful.,I have to sitt totaly still, the pain hurt's if I don't sit still...I agree with you at night it is hard to sleep because the pain is VERY sharp at bed time.I always toss and trun at night trying to get comfortable is hard to do. When I am trying to sit still I might end up still on my side , I try not to think about it BUT it is hard not to think about it...I have tryed every thing my docotor has had me on all kinds of pain med's and soo far not one has worked for me.. If I tryed to walk it just get's worse I have to be totaly still sometimes even sitting still hurts me..Mary I hope to hear from you real soon.
Dawn_

Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #7

Dawn101 HB User

Hi Mary, My Pain is on lower left running all the way down my legs. yes the pain is very gnawing but for me it is much more painful.,I have to sitt totaly still, the pain hurt's if I don't sit still...I agree with you at night it is hard to sleep because the pain is VERY sharp at bed time.I always toss and trun at night trying to get comfortable is hard to do. When I am trying to sit still I might end up still on my side , I try not to think about it BUT it is hard not to think about it...I have tryed every thing my docotor has had me on all kinds of pain med's and soo far not one has worked for me.. If I tryed to walk it just get's worse I have to be totaly still sometimes even sitting still hurts me..Mary I hope to hear from you real soon.
Dawn_

Old 07-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #8

MaryJet HB User

Hi Dawn. Have you had any testing done? I had a CT scan on Friday, so far I haven't heard anything so I'm hoping that that's good news. I've also had a colonoscopy about two years ago, also clear. I have been diagnosed with IBS but sometimes I think it's something else, it really feels like my ovaries but the doctor said they are okay. I hate taking pain medication. I think it's related to anxiety so I'm trying very hard to get stress free, but that's not easy. I hope you feel better! Have a good day.
Mary

Old 07-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #9
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi guys,

I came up with a visual technique that might help that pain. Imagine a shiny metallic wood screw (wood screws have a sharp tip so the screw can penetrate the wood without a hole). Now at the edge where the left side of your head meets the top edge imagine the screw entering the middle of the edge. Also imagine a screw entering the middle of the left side of your head simultaneously. Both screws should be turning as you would normally turn a screw with a bit of difficulty entering. The screws should be imagined to be at different levels of penetration. Make sure you can clearly see the thread on the screw and change the thread width up and down while you are screwing the screw in.

If you have lower right quadrant pain, you should be able to use this technique on the right hand side as well.

Cheers, Raju.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #10

strbay HB User

I went to the doctor for the same pain...It hurt when I was laying down or sitting. A change of position doesn't seem to help. I figured that it could be anything ranging from a cyst to adhesions ...or something serious like - Ovarian cancer.... so I talked to the doctor about my symptoms. She graciously told me that if by chance it was ovarian cancer that I would only have 3-6 months and that it was had to actually detect short of surgery. Sweet lady....

Seriously, I've had a couple of c-sections and a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. My first ob told me I had extremely loopy bowels while doing surgery for those situations. ... and after all the surgeries I also had a lot of adhesions. Needless to say, the pain is still there migrating between the right and left side. I still don't know was is causing all the pain all these years later. So I live with it...since I'm sick of having the doctors thinking it's all in my head.

Since all of these recent posts are women (right?) is it ibs or more of a female system problem?
Renee

Old 07-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #11

Dawn101 HB User

Hi Mary, Yes I have I had a ct scan and some exray's as well..I didn't have a colonoscopy done..If you think it's more than IBS go and get a second opinion.I also hate taking pian med's but I hurt ssoooooooooooo bad I am thankful for pain med's..I think mine is related to my bulimia.I hope you are feeling better real soon.Dawn_

Closed Thread