It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #1
*blingbling*

I need help!!!

I had a baby 1 yr ago on the 15th and have had nothing but problems since. I am being treated by my physician, but still nothing has been diagnosed yet. Currently he has me on Zelnorm, thinking my prob may be IBS. I have a followup in a month and if the Zelnorm doesn't work, than I may have to be reopened (I had a CSection) to check for adhesions.
Here are my symptoms
*Major constipation, I can go days w/out a BM which causes bloating, cramping and pings and pangs in my abdomen. I also have a constant urge "to go" at all times, but I try so much and nothing happens.
*Low back pain and major pressure
*fatigue
*Internal pressure/pain when urinating, like when my bladder is releasing, its painful

I just don't know where to go from here. I have had numerous normal blood tests, I had a couple XRays showing that I was full of bowel as well as an ultrasound, but nothing else rather abnormal. I was given bottles of Magnesium Citrate to drink and advised to take Laxatives, but after I do this, a couple days later, I'm back to square one and feeling bad again. I recently had a colonoscopy and this showed normal as well, so thats where it let my Dr to prescribe me Zelnorm to see if this would help. If not, he's thinking maybe my problem is OBGYN??? I just don't know though, if it were, wouldn't this have shown on an ultrasound???
If someone has been through this or knows of someone who has and has some idea's or anything, PLEASE let me know!!!!
Thanks!
Tanya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
*blingbling*

Re: I need help!!!

I also forgot to add one more symptom, which is VERY important!!!

*Painful sex, like my husband is pushing too deep or pushing against something in the way

Thanks again...
Tanya

Old 07-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #3

snethenj HB User
Re: I need help!!!

Tanya, I could have written your post!

I had my daughter 2 1/2 years ago, and I have also had nothing but problems since. Major gas, bloating, pressure and constipation. Oh yes, and the low back pain. Add with that horrible hot flashes and pain when I actually DO go! I am having my colonoscopy next week; everything else has been ruled out. I saw my gyn last week, and he did a full pelvic floor workup to see if I had damaged something by pushing so hard (3 hours, 9lb baby), but nope, nothing other than just a little bit of weakness.

I am miserable, 24/7. I don't have any advice; just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone! I was told that structurally, sometimes women never go back to "normal" after having a baby. Looks like you and I are part of that lucky group.

Take care, and let me know if you discover the magic secret to feeling better!

Jamie

Closed Thread