It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 01:24 PM   #1

mandapanda288 HB User
Question Help

I was hopping to get some advice and to see if anyone has gone through the same.....For the past 3 years I have been having D and pain mostly in lower left adb but some in right. I have gone to several doctors but all gave me differant answers. Then I quit going. Recently I gave up and asked to see a GI doctor. The Doctor was very agressive at first with test; Blood, Colonoscopy, Barium x-ray, and more blood test. All this was done in the same day. After the test the doctor had an emergency and could not talk to me. I was told to call the next day but they would not give me any answers. Then after 2 days of seeing what was going on I heard that he did not want to see me again for a month. He told me if he found nothing then it was IBS and he would treat me for that....still no word. With what I saw written on the Colonoscopy he found some errosions and Ilititus. Are errosions normal with IBS? What could the doctor be waiting for???? In the mean time I am still in pain and have D, but no one seems to care. If anyone has any information for me PLEASE help....I think I am loosing my mind.

Old 07-31-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Help

Manda,
I am sorry that you have UC --as you may know it is an Inflammatory Bowel Disease--IBD-- and along with Crohn's are the only 2.
It is very serious and difficult to treat --at least that has been what I have read about on these boards since I joined in 1999.

There is a Member --- quincy--- that posts on the Bowel Disorders board and he has had UC for many years and is extremely knowledgeable about the problems that this Disease presents and is very updated with the treatment and problems us patients have ---But, I know everyone is different!!

If you want any help from the patient's perspective -- I suggest you post a message on that Board and Address it to him. I know he will anwser you.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread