It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
do I have IBS?

I was hoping someone could shed some light. I am wondering if I have some form of IBS. When I am stressed, have a change in work schedule or travel I get constipated. If I take a stool softner like Bisacodyl I get severe cramps and bad you know what. Lately, I have eaten out at some nice restaraunts (in the last six months) and within thirty mins of eating will get severe cramping and bloating then will have bad diahrea. I wonder if there is something in the meat or food here in Vegas?? The first time I had the cramping we had just gotten married and were here for our honeymoon. We ate at Delmonico steak house. I spent the first night of our honeymoon on the darn toilet.
We moved here a couple months later. Then, it happened again when we ate at Bellagio, I got the cramps a second time we ate at Delmonico (without dih.) and again a week ago after eating at the Black Angus. It is very painful and strange. So, I get constipated with change and blown out with high end food???? HELP!

Last edited by mel1977; 07-29-2004 at 12:14 AM.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: do I have IBS?

Mel,
It could be that red meat that is cooked out does not agree with you. Most places put meat tenderizer on it because they can't afford the returns/ complaints and some places use marinated sauces.

Try cooking a steak at home and see how your GI system reacts. Are you eating other stuff like salads that are treated with nitrites?? This is a problem with lots of people.

Take care ---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread