It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 01:46 PM   #1

mvpgirl HB User
Fatigued And Tired

Does IBS make you feel tired and fatigued? I don't have the D but if I have the symptoms its mostly the constipation. I just have these episodes where I will be OK for awhile and then when it comes I have the nagging fatigue and tiredness and weakness. I get sweaty all the time too

Thanks

mvpgirl

Old 07-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Fatigued And Tired

I have been so sick with IBS-D that I have gone to bed and literally thought I was going to die. The sweats, the chills, the fatigue, you name it. Since I started taking supplements and vitamins I feel so much better, still have the D but feel like myself again. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi Mvpgirl,

I think fatigue affects most IBS patients. I have it too on the occasion. I concluded it was IBS because I can't seem to function at times no matter how much rest I've had.

On the other hand, I sometimes feel fatigued from work, especially since I now work for an IT company and I'm in front of a computer reading documents almost all the time.

Cheers, Raju.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User

Hi, not to scare you but.... I have had IBS problems for several years and fatigue which is progessive for several years but is always worse during periods and IBS flares. Well I've also developed a host of other symptoms and am now quite sure I have an autoimmune disease and it is probably Lupus. My GP has diagnosed me w/ Lupus but I haven't yet seen a rheumatologist. Your fatigue may be due completely 100% to IBS but I tell you my little story because I myself "denied" all my other symptoms and how they occured in relationship to IBS and my other problems for at least two years. HOpefully, your fatigue occurs only w/ IBS and you recover 100% after your problems resolve some. My best to you!
SHawnee

Closed Thread