It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #1

curednow HB User
Lightbulb Taking Garlic & Acidophilus...getting really sick!

Hey everyone! I posted before about the noises (which I still have) & I mentioned that I thought it might be due to Candida. Well, I started taking garlic a couple of days ago. One clove in the morning and night for about 4 days. I just cut them up & swallow the pieces because its impossible for me to chew it, its so strong! After that, I take a probiotic that has about 8 billion Acidophilus and Bifidus. Well, on the 4th night I woke up in the middle of the night about 4 times because my throat was hurting really badly! Each time I swallowed brought tears to my eyes. I always had a throat infection that I could never get rid for about 2 years. Well, I'm hoping this is helping me. Well, now I take one garlic a day at night, while still taking acidophilus in the morning & night. Not only is my throat bad, I have a stuffed up noise. Its like a cold, that I got the moment I started taking garlic. Is all of this a good thing? I mean, does it mean that my body is fighting the candida? I just started taking flax seed ground to clean my bowels, or should I take fiber? Any info greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by curednow; 08-03-2004 at 01:28 PM.

Old 08-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
(female)

gillcrow HB User
Re: Taking Garlic & Acidophilus...getting really sick!

Hi, I'm not a doctor, but just some friendly advice: try stopping the garlic and see if your symptoms go away then try it again only less. Some people are intolerant of garlic or have an allergy to it. For the constant sore throat, I would suggest definitely seeking advice from a physican about that. A prolonged sore throat is not something you should let go. Good luck and take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread