It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
rotten egg burps!!

well this is something i have suffered with on occassion for years now. it all started when i was pregnant 10 yrs ago i had this happen daily. i get burps that reek of rotten eggs plus when i pass gass they smell the same way too! it lasts 24 hrs and the next day i am wiped plus i have diarhea and i feel naesous. like sulpher and it can be very embarrassing. then when he was born boom they went away. since then ive had this happen a dozen or so times not too much lately but im wondering if anyone else has had this. all ive ever heard on the net is that it can be from bad water or doctors dont know!! also people usually throw up that have this but knock on wood that hasnt happened to me, there must be some kind of answer...btw i have been diagnosed for 20 yrs with ibs but nothing seems to be correlated with the 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: rotten egg burps!!

Is there any remote chance you are Lactose Intolerant? It would produce the exact same symptoms you describe. My husband has serious problems with Lactose and if he eats something with it in it, generally if we go out to eat where we can't control his diet, the exact thing happens to him. He does however also have IBS which is only more aggravated with lactose products.
You can do a lactose test, do not eat anything with lactose for a few days and see if part of the problem goes away, then introduce lactose into your system and see if the symptoms come back. If they do then you are more than likely allergic to lactose.

Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: rotten egg burps!!

thanks so much for your response but ironically i consume little to NO dairy once every 2 weeks or so i have a bowl or cereal and its never happened when i consume the milk. i HATE milk so i never drink it yogurt i eat once in a blue moon cheese i dislike so its not dairy. everytime i get the burps i think of what i may have eaten and not one of those times i have consumed dairy in fact the foods that may have triggered it i eat again to see if its that and it never is! oh well i guess there may be no answer to this.

Closed Thread