It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 08:28 AM   #1

NicoleMiller999 HB User
Unhappy Is this IBS???

Hello All

I have a problem that has been persistent for some time now. The gastro that I saw says that I have IBS but I did not have any test that most people on the board has had. I stay constipated. I may have a BM maybe once a week and sometimes if I am lucky I will go 2 days in a roll. Sometimes it goes to what seems like diarrhea except it isn't watery like that. It looks like slices of ribbons or something(sorry to gross you out) and when I am done going (in the process of going it feels as if I am not emptying all the way out or I have to push it out) I feel horrible. It feels as if all my digestive organs have been effected. Sometimes I can feel my intestines or the muscles move inside of my stomache as if they are trying to pass along something. The worst pain is that on my left side,there is always pain. It almost seems as if it is piling up right there cause I notice that it will start to hurt a few days before I go. And it always seem as if I pulled a muscle over there. The doctor seems to think I may have injured it and everytime I push I am aggrivating the same muscle again. Though one Dr. told me what I felt was my colon. It has gotten so bad now that I think a nerve has been affected. My left arm feels hot sometimes and I get numbness on that side and there is a sharp pain that radiates. I don't know if this is associated with this or not. And everything is worst after I ovulate. It just makes everything ten times worst. Does any of this sound like IBS? Or does it sound like it could be something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Is this IBS???

Hello Nicole,

What you have sounds like IBS. Although, the nerve pains are not a part of what is described as IBS. It is however, not unusual for people to get other pains apart from the intestinal variety when they suffer from IBS, at least as far as I can see.

In my personal opinion, I think that IBS and the pains you suffer from are related. Well, I hope that some of the people here on the site can help you reduce/solve/give you better insight on some of the problems you are suffering from.

Cheers, Raju.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #3

NicoleMiller999 HB User

Thank you 6th sense for that insight

Old 08-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
(female)

aaronon HB User

Nicole,

We could be twins. I have a BM about once a week. I'm miserable, have a place on my left side that appears to be blocked up. There is lots of pain there and sometimes I think there is some nerves involved too. You have IBS, tho I am not a DOCTOR, it's what I have, I was diagnosed last year. I've had it for alot LONGER tho. DNA...do not assume anything with IBS, everything is related.

Gina

Old 08-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #5

NicoleMiller999 HB User

Oh my goodness Gina I want to cry thank you. You don't know how long I have waited to hear someone say me too( not that I want them to feel my pain) I just thought there must be something else than what they are telling me and that I can't be the only person with this pain. Mine seems like it is getting worst and although I was just diagnosed with this I think I had it for about 6 years now. I have had every test done you can think of. I can go one and describe more things that happen to me that makes me want to cry. I have to schedule my vacations around my ovualtion period just so that I know when my IBS will and won't act up. This is misery at its finest. If you don't mind me asking, What do you do to help ease the pain?

Old 08-09-2004, 03:22 PM   #6

FitPigg HB User

Nicole:
I had aggrivated pain for over 3yrs. IBS dx. I had every test out there and all showed nothing. I was dependent on suppositories for over 3 yrs and just had a hemmorhoid ectomy july 30th 2004. I have not had to use one suppository since the day before my surgery. I take a bowel movement every morning and afternoon!! it's a miracle.
Renee'

Old 08-09-2004, 06:15 PM   #7

NicoleMiller999 HB User

I do have Hemorrhoids. Do you think they have anything to do with my left side pain? How far up can they go?

Closed Thread