It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 02:35 PM   #1

bungie2004 HB User
Post Help Me Please, If You Can

undefined

I AM 23 AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH IBS A FEW YEARS AGO. I AM SO SO ILL MOST OF THE TIME. I KEEP GETTING BACK BAD PAIN THAT I CANNOT GET RID OF. SOMETIMES I HAVE 10 BOWEL MOVEMENTS IN 2 DAYS. I DON'T MEAN TO BE SO DESCRIPTIVE BUT THE LOOK GREASY SOMETIMES. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS A PART OF IBS. I TRY TO EAT AS MUCH AS I CAN AND AM NOW DOWN TO 98 POUNDS. I CANNOT GAIN WEIGHT. I HAVE WENT THROUGH A PERIOD WHEN I FELT A LITTLE BETTER AND I ATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND STILL DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT. I NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE ABOUT MY PROBLEMS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I EAT. SOME DAYS IT'S OK, AND THE SAME FOOD ON OTHER DAYS, THEN I FEEL TERRIBLE. I DON'T EAT DAIRY DUE TO A LASCTASE DEFFICENTCY, SO IT'S NOT THE DAIRY. I DON'T EAT ALOT OF JUNK FOOD. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY MY BACK HURTS CONSTANTLY AND I HAVE TO GO NUMBER 2 ALOT AND MY STOMACH FEELS TERRIBLE. BLOATED, NAUSEATED, AND I ALSO GET KINDA LIKE A PERIOD CRAMPING WHEN I GO THROUGH THESE SEVERE ATTACKS. HELP!!!!

Old 08-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

catloverlou HB User
Re: Help Me Please, If You Can

Hello bungie. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Has your doctor prescribed any medication? If you were diagnosed a few years ago im sure he probably has. I think people will need to know what you are taking now, and what you have tried before, then we can try to help with some suggestions. catlover

Last edited by catloverlou; 08-11-2004 at 03:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #3

Forgiven77 HB User
Question Re: Help Me Please, If You Can

hey bungie(thanx for the advice by the way), ok i know how ya feel i get the back pain too! and i know when i ask you these questions you may think im nuts but here it goes~ ok i have studying up on ibs this past summer and have found out alot! I have read over and over and over these articles that talk alot about endometriosis and ibs having the same symptoms and are oftenly misdiagnosed. Now eventhough endometriosis has to do with the female organs and your probably thinking why am i having such bowel problems?? Well luckily i have an answer- alot of the time endo. affects the urinary tract alot and it also creates painful bowel movements(especially if the endo. is on or in the bowel). Now here are my questions- Do you oftenly see a ob/gyn?- if so have you ever told them about your bowel problems and pain? do you notice that your pains get worse before, during or after your period? You said in your reply to me that you had a little girl- did the symptoms get better or worse while you were pregnant?
* you see alot of females go through this and think its ibs, but alot of the time you never tell your ob/gyn. I have not been able to see my ob/gyn and wont be able to till october- so i cant say if it is or isnt or even what the pains of endo is cuz i dont know if i have it.. yet?
^i will check back to see what your reply is and maybe we will be able to talk more about this subject. ~Forgiven77

Old 08-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #4

Lisa43017 HB User

Have you tried giving up wheat? Have you been tested for celiacs disease? You might also want to check out the specific carbohydrate diet that has helped a lot of people with IBS(google it). Good Luck!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:58 AM   #5

roxyk HB User

Get tested for Celiac disease - if you are losing weight & have greasy stools you have TWO major symptoms!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
(female)

skeeter24 HB User

I have endometriosis and a few days before my period and two days into it I have severe cramping, back pain, leg cramps, and have increased bowel movements. I am going the 16th of this month for a colonoscopy because my doctor thinks I also have IBS. When I am not on my period I go 3-5 days without a bowel movement and no help from laxatives only increased gas. On the other hand I may have diarreah for 3 days or more. I am wondering can the two endometiosis and IBS be connected. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread