It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Do I have IBS?

This is the first time for me to post here. I am 48 years old and have had a problem with bloating from time to time. I don't really have constipation, but more of a loose stool and cramping. This episode started with severe bloating, but it was up high in the upper abdomen. Then a low backache for a couple of days. I wasn't sure if I had strained it or what. Now I have the loose stools and cramping (continually). It does let up after I have a bowel movement, but its pretty much cramping 24/7 for two days. Does this sound like IBS? I don't have any fever, blood, or pain. Mine is more of a cramp. It feels like my colon is spasming or something. Is there something over the counter I can take? IBS does run in my family. I haven't talked to my doctor before because it has always been mild and gone away in a few hours, but this is lasting longer. I dread all the tests that come with the this. Please advise. I need something to calm my colon down. Does Alieve help? Thanks
Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Do I have IBS?

Cindy,
There is a post in a thread "Worth Reading for IBS'ers" at the top of this board about the symptoms for IBS --- the Rome Criteria.
A number of health care Professionals from around the world got together in Rome Italy in 1994 and came up with the symptoms for all gastro problems. It may be worth reading -- IBS is the only one I posted about.

Peace---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread