It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 09:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Exclamation Bleeding??

*Gulp* I'm worried about this. Today I've had some pains in my shpincter area and when I have a BM i go this white mucus stuff but this morning first thing it was blood. Fresh, too not caked up and old. It doesn't appear that I have a hemroid or anything like that, but my bum area hurts. Anyway, at first I thought it was my period since I'm due this week but it is only coming from the butt and it only happens when I have a BM (I tried wiping when I was dry just to see if it was a small cut or rawness or something) So why is this happening and how serious is it?? Anyone else get this ever? I've seen redish discharge come from me before but this planly has red stringy blood in it!

Old 08-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Bleeding??

Rectal bleeding should always be checked out by a Doctor just to make sure there is nothing serious.
That is the only way to know???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

Thanks for responding, Harry! Well it has stopped and only went one that one day but in the past i've seen pinkish discharge from that area and I don't know why! I just wish I had medical insurance because I truly can't afford to go get any of this checked out now!!

Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 AM   #4
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi Rush,

If it is not old blood it will be coming from near the end of your colon. So, you were right to suspect a cut. It may not be openly visible though. If you suffer from pain near the end of the colon, then that also points to the possibility of having a slight tear near the end. What doctors usually do, if they can identify that the blood is indeed near enough to the end - they usually prescribe a suppository that helps it heal and that acts as an antibiotic, so that the wound doesn't get infected - But suppositories are a very messy affair. You can have a tear regardless of whether you have heammoroids or not.

- Raju -

Old 08-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

Hmm--What in the heck would cause me to tear? Possibly, a large BM that wasn't "broken up" ie digested properly? Ugg! I get those from time to time. Makes me want to chew my food better. Anyway, I know i've gotten a tiny spot of pink or reddish appearance from rawness, but this was different. Like I said, I actually thought it was my period....

Closed Thread