It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 08:28 AM   #1

health_freak HB User
What is IBS exactly? And mostly, to Forgiven77

I am constantly bloated, have lots of air and have a swollen stomach. It only seems to get better if I walk a lot [like A LOT]. My problem is this "grumbling rectum" thing that nobody seems to know the cure of.....I'm actually desperate now! Most doctors told me I have IBS [is it because I have a lot of gas? Because, I am rather regular and am not constipated], the other doctors just say do exercise and eat healthily.

I have stopped eating sugary foods [and white bread, pasta etc], but this grumbling is still there....

Forgiven77: thank you so much for your reply. Can I ask you how old you were when you had this grumbling [did it bother you a lot]? And how long you stood it or how you coped? Even though I don'treally think it's IBS, did you get better changing your diet [or what your doctor prescribed you]?

thanks!

Old 08-18-2004, 05:59 PM   #2

Forgiven77 HB User
Re: What is IBS exactly? And mostly, to Forgiven77

Hey health freak- well actually i got my so called "ibs" last year and it all started with grumbling noses then came the dia. and pain. Im not sure if this is exactly how yours will happen or even if you have ibs. I did the same thing you did i cut out all my food and at one point my body wouldnt accept anything- i was living of ensure(calorie drink). i cant really say whether you have ibs or not just that the gurgling and grumbling is how mine started. Do you have an appointment with a family doctor or even a gastro? Have you done any blood or stool test or x-rays? I dont really know your situation so i cant really say much, but if you describe your symptoms or what tests you have done or what foods effect you i could maybe talk to you a little more about it. If you want you can write it here and ill do my best to help.
~*God Bless-Kira*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 04:53 AM   #3

health_freak HB User
Re: What is IBS exactly? And mostly, to Forgiven77

Hi Kira, thanks for your reply. I also left you a message in the Stress and Anxiety forum last night and wrote to you saying that though I don't think I have IBS, my problem [which no one seems to have or understand, or to be a cure for] is also similar in a way, and I understand you. Are you feeling better nowadays?
I've given up on gastros and doctors, they always tell me the same thing, but never seem to truly understand, which frustrates me like crazy. Blood tests and stool tests are fine. But I never got an x-ray, actually never really thought of that...it's sort of difficult here to get an x-ray because the doctor needs to give permission and mine don't ever suggest it. They just tell me to change my diet or stop stressing out.

Yes, stress. I noticed that I can't eat when I'm outside, or with people surrounding me, because it always seem like I have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I really have to [esp. when I'm agitated or nervous or excited about the silliest things ever] but most times, I just feel like I have to and the whole gurgling thing happens. But this gurgling happens wherever and whenever, sitting, standing. I'm trying to live a life though these days, I thought if I accept it, maybe it won't become a problem anymore. It does get tough though.

take care

Closed Thread