It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 07:14 AM   #1

sidnee74 HB User
Question Can you please describe your symptoms?

I have been having pelvic/back pain for about 5 months. I have had problems with constipation/bloating in the past, but it seems to be helped by giving up most dairy & wheat and its cousins. I tend to get loose stools right before my period. I also get gassy sometimes, if I eat certain foods, but haven't really paid attention to whether or not it coincides with my pain. I have had numerous tests and just Monday a cystoscopy to rule out kidney stone. So far, no diagnosis. There is a likely chance that I have some female problems, but again, no diagnosis. My pelvic pain is low, not abdominal. I am just trying to sort things out and am trying to get a better understanding of IBS symptoms. Also, how is it diagnosed?

Thanks for your help
Sidnee

Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: Can you please describe your symptoms?

Well Sidnee, I get a lot of what you describe but I was told it was IBS by my Ob-Gyn--unusual but he originally specialized in general med. I get constipated a lot and even a 12 oz glass of prune juice won't stop it once it gets bound up (my colon must be made of steel)_. Anyway, regarding the link to IBS w/ "female problems" I have just about every symptom of endometriosis as well and though I haven't been tested for it i'd bet I have it since my cervix was really messed up for awhile--my Dr was worried it was cervical cancer and I got laser ablation done on the cervix back in April. But before my period I don't get any loose stool, it's always the other way around (can't go and no matter how much water I get in me, the stool is always dry!) then after my period begins I sometimes get D--and very bad abdominal cramping. Not fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:12 PM   #4

sidnee74 HB User

An ultrasound came back normal, though I had pain on the ovary at examination. My PCP doesn't think it's endo because I have 3 kids. But I think it is something in that region. I had a tubal 4 years ago and the problems have been mounting since. Thanks for your replies.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:46 AM   #5

atvgirl03 HB User

I wasnt diagnosed with IBS-C but my ob-gyn gave me zelnorm to try yesterday when I went there. He told me to try it for 3 weeks and come back and let him know how things went. If it doesnt help then he wants to do Laparoscopy to check for endometriosis because I have all the symptoms of it. Alot of the symptoms of IBS and Endometriosis are the same so its hard tell. But here are my sysmptoms:
*painful periods
*painful intercourse
*lower abdominal pain
*heavy periods w/clots
*spotting before and after period
*painful bowel movements (worse during my period, sharp, crampy feeling)
*pain when urinating (worse during period, also sharp, crampy feeling)
*constipation (starts a couple days before period and last a couple days after)
*swollen lower abdomen
*bloated all the time (looks like Im 6 months pregnant)
*fatigue (I am also tired and feel rundown)

Hope this helps a little, good luck finding out and I hope you feel better!

Closed Thread