HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/)
-   -   The Big D AGAIN & AGAIN (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/202792-big-d-again-again.html)

lno 08-27-2004 04:11 PM

The Big D AGAIN & AGAIN

Well, have not posted for some time, thought my "IBS" was somewhat better, only taking imodium 2-3 time a month this summer. HOWEVER, yesterday for lunch I had a tomatoe (huge-home grown) along w/cottage cheese & a bit of shredded cheddar & some crackers. Lactaid milk. All of which have NEVER bothered me before. After 3 hours I started the rumbles which got progressivly worse, by 5 p.m. had 3 BM's. This is the first and only time I've noticed this....in the toilet were some "lumps" of what looked like small pieces of tomatoe. I examined one & it was mushy material, not liquid blood, just a piece of redish poo. My food does go thru me this fast & I'm wondering if any of you have ever had this happen with red veggies. I have, in the past, had cooked carrots do this and also tomato but did not get too concerned as it was not so much. I ended up taking 1 imodium & it did get better. This a.m. I had a normal B.M. Went to work, had the gurgles somewhat, came home for lunch, was scared to eat, had a piece of white toastw/a little peanut butter for protein & a 1/2 container of yogurt. At 4 p.m. the spasms got much worse, ate a bite of hard Mozarella cheese & the B.M.'s started again seeing 1 small piece of redish material. Then Diarrhea started with no more redish stuff. Took another Imodium, stomach is settling down a bit now, but not good. I've had all the tests in the past, nothing found. My main concern is the RED material found in the stool. I'm trying to convience myself it was in fact tomato. If blood is in the stool would it not be a liquid vs. chunks of material? With my wild imagination I had it figured to be part of my intestines so inflammed they were breaking off & coming out. Someone give me reason to calm down a bit. I know any time you see blood it should be checked by a physician, however, this does not look like blood. Thanks for any input.

CrazyCats4 08-27-2004 05:07 PM

Re: The Big D AGAIN & AGAIN

Food rushes thru my stomach too and on many occasions I have found bits of what I just ate (lettuce, corn, and yes, tomatoes) in my stool an hour after eating it.

If you were bleeding internally, the blood would look like coffee grounds in your stool, not red chunks. At least thats what my doctor me. :)

:angel:

CC

lno 08-27-2004 05:13 PM

Re: The Big D AGAIN & AGAIN

Oh thank you CrazyCats......I really thought blood would look different, but, you know how it is when it is happening to YOU!!!! It's really scarey. I will rest a bit easier now. The imodium is taking effect now, still rumbles but more gas than D. :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing: I truely thank you for your quick response. Good Luck to you and have a beautiful weekend.