It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #1

courtneyclv HB User
How can I stop taking laxatives..addicted?

Hi,
I have IBS with constipation and am off again, on again, constipated. As soon as I start to eat more, bigger meals and get more full, I seem to get constipated again. I drink my water, eat my fiber but nothing works. I have found this 'miracle' tea that is an herbal laxative but now can only go to the bathroom, it seems, if I take it or take a laxative pill. If I don't take my laxative, within a few days I will gain a few pounds and get very very bloated. I take the tea because I believe I have IBS. I want to be able to go to the bathroom naturally without herbal laxatives.

My boyfriend also now takes laxatives. He lost weight by taking the tea and now, if he eats a huge meal, will take the tea to lose his 'bloat' also. He doesn't need to be doing this because he doesn't have IBS. I do..what should we do???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread