It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Sick and Tired of this

Hello! I'm so sick and tired of IBS. I was diagnosed with IBS last year. I didn't really like how my gastrointerologist was helping me. He put me on Zelnorm, which only helped for a limited time. I've come to the conclusion that I won't have a bowel movement unless I take Senokot. It's a "natural laxative." But I think my body has become dependent on it. I'm also (sounds crazy) addicted to iced coffee. I never used to drink coffee until I started teaching. I also suffer from depression. I take Prozac each day. Does anyone know if health insurance will cover a nutritionist. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week for up to 2 hours at a time. My friends are sick of hearing me say I'm fat. I'm constantly bloated. I can eat a carrot stick and feel gross after. I just went out to dinner for moms bday. I went to town. I feel about 15 pounds heavier. I want to lose about 15 more pounds. I've lost 60 since my highest. I just never feel comfortable. I'm always walking around holding my tummy, complaining I'm bloated and fat. Any advice?

Old 08-31-2004, 08:37 AM   #2

atvgirl03 HB User
Re: Sick and Tired of this

Im sorry I dont have any advice, because you and I could be twins, I say the exact same thing all the time because after eating or drinking ANYTHING I look 6 months pregnant . I always wear coats or sweaters to try and hide my buldge as I like to call it. But since its been in the 70s and 80s its kinda hard to do that. My ob/gyn put me on zelnorm, Ive been on it less then a week and it kinda helps and I mean just a LITTLE bit. But I really dont like it because the pain isnt going away and yesterday I got my first bout of diarrhea in almost 4 years . I do notice if all I eat is a little bit of lettuce with a tiny bit of salad dressing and drink water and eat and drink super slow I dont get as big, but who wants to live on lettuce and water? But anyways good luck and if you find anything that helps, PLEASE let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 08:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Angry Re: Sick and Tired of this

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to see if going to a nutritionist will be coverend under insurance. When I was 13 (26 now) I was 200 pounds. I'm so obsessed with my weight now. I'm between 140-145 now. I want to lose another 15. Some think I'm nuts. I feel I can't lose anything because I'm constantly bloated. It's gross. I just ate a bagel and iced coffee (suicide in and of itself). I'm addicted to Senokot. I just can't do this anymore. I'm tired of seeing a fat girl in the mirror eventhough I've lost about 60 pounds. If a nutrionist is covered, maybe I'll get some help there. Zelnorm worked for a few days for me but after that, nada. I used to go at the drop of a hat..maybe 3 times a day. Now I'm like the Hoover Dam....nothing's getting through. Point blank....IT SUCKS!!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

The nutrionist I visited was not covered under my insurance plan.... Also, the vitamins that I was to take were way too expensive for me..... $235 every month... Your insurance may be different and actually cover it.... or you may be loaded with tons of cash, so it might not matter.. just my experience.... The first office visit was around 135 or something, because they tested me for food allergies, using some weird method w/ a computer and some medal like rod that they placed at different points on my body.. she said theres a better way to test for food allergies but its very very expensive, i said.. no just do it cheap i just want some vitamins to get some good nutrition, since like you i've lost weight..... but unlike you, i do not want to lose anymore.. down from 195 to 155-150lbs... around 6ft. male... i'd like to put on 10-20 pounds.. knowing i did that would be a victory in itself... bye

Old 08-31-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Talking Re: Sick and Tired of this

You can take my 10-20 pounds....lol.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

lol... DEAL... just tell me where to sign! haha.. good luck w/ the nutritionist.

Closed Thread