It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
New Research in colon cancer link

Since I am pretty sure we aren't suppossed to post links in here, I will keep it simple: I read this article (not sure how valid the measurements and tests were, for those of you who pay attention to that stuff--I am but alas, I didn't read their credentials) but the article said that there is now a known link between eating fast food and colonc cancer. They gather this info from countries like Japan where you don't get a lot of fast food--there is almost no colon cancer incidents there! Can you imagine! Anyway, I think this confirms my theory that taco bell is infinately bad for me. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think one taco and an order of small nachos will kill you...in fact I don't think I can ever give up ALL nachos for life, but I do feel like i'm dying after I eat taco bell and it's always a colon flare up these days for me. Could be the way they are cooking it, as well. But, if this info rings true later on w/ further research replications, maybe those of you who are at risk for colon cancer should cut out fast food? It's an idea....

On the healthier side of fast food (sounds like an oxymoron!), I had a Greek Salad from Jack in the Box that was just wonderful and I don't think a greek salad can be all that bad for you either!

Old 09-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: New Research in colon cancer link

hey.... i couldn't even imagine eating taco bell w/ my stomach conditions.... seriously thats way beyond anything i'd do..... i really haven't even been eating too much lately, thats why i've lost sooooo much weight... i would rather not eat and starve than go through pains and frequent bm.... i'm trying to work my way up to having some courage.. its just hard when ur on ur own at college.... when i go back home thats when i eat b/c i know if i go thru somethin my parents will be there to support me.....

i can't even remember the last time i had a hamburger from a fastfood joint.... even when i didn't have stomach problems i'd always get grilled chicken w/ lettuce and tomato only b/c ive always been a health nut.... i was always the one to be taking the creatine and protein b4 weight training class in highschool, and to be taking the multi-vitamin supplement at lunch, people called me the healthiest kid they've ever seen.. lol its weird how 5-6 years change things....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 08:46 PM   #3

guitarpicker HB User
Re: New Research in colon cancer link

Taco Bell kills me too, but I believe it's due to the sour cream and iceberg lettuce...well and the greasy hamburger meat. If you are really bent on fast food try chicken, because it's less fat, and leave off the sour cream and lettuce. I do believe that fast food is a big contributer to a lot of our sickness in this Country, from IBS to obesity to heart disease. My problem foods are anything dairy, deep-fried greasy foods, chocolate, iceberg lettuce, onions and spicy foods. Also, daily Metamucil is a big help for me.

Closed Thread